+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Revisit, tv license

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    On the flip side I had one of those ‘hello mum’ texts a few weeks ago and played the perp for all I was worth over three days and maybe 200 texts, playing the part of a slightly dim not internet savvy old dear and ending, when asked for the twentieth time, for proof of funds transfer, when I sent a gif that would get me a ban from most social media. Strangely the conversation ended from the perps side then too. It earned me the backhanded compliment from my youngest ‘dad, you do fake incompetence nearly as well as you do real incompetence’…
    I had my first, and so far only, ay up Dad, new phone, send us money, scam last week. The 2nd word was enough for me to know it was a scam without reading further. That word was one of the many synonyms for father and was one neither of my two would use.

It really is a jungle in Digitalialand so I advise you all to be very careful and don't get sucked in.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I had my first, and so far only, ay up Dad, new phone, send us money, scam last week. The 2nd word was enough for me to know it was a scam without reading further. That word was one of the many synonyms for father and was one neither of my two would use.

It really is a jungle in Digitalialand so I advise you all to be very careful and don't get sucked in.
    Likewise ‘mum’ with me

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ‘Maybe 200 texts’! Didn’t you once suggest you had a life?
    It was 217, and there was plenty of bandwidth in my life at the time for it. As far as I’m concerned I was fulfilling a public service, if the perp was tied up with my conversation he/she wouldn’t be onto some genuinely gullible soul

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    It was 217, and there was plenty of bandwidth in my life at the time for it. As far as I’m concerned I was fulfilling a public service, if the perp was tied up with my conversation he/she wouldn’t be onto some genuinely gullible soul
    Me and my eldest both keep "Microsoft" busy for ages when they phone us. My speaking French to them ruse doesn't work any longer, they hang up. Idem ditto with Spanish and Dutch. There's plenty of other good ones we use like which machine, the laptop in the basement? Yep, that one... unfortunately we don't have a basement...

If I don't have the time to waste, I'll just tell them my machine runs on Redhat UNIX or that I don't use windows on my Macbook (not that I'd ever buy an iAnything) and occasionally, if I'm not in the best of moods, an angry "eff off you scamming b'stard" seems to work as well.

And another one surfaces to justify this tax, for the pervert club.
    On and on and on it goes.
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...xplicit-images

Lets not forget they even advertise, whats acceptable there.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...broadcasting2/

Neither link wants to work

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Neither link wants to work
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-59972806

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    And another one surfaces to justify this tax, for the pervert club.
    On and on and on it goes.
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...xplicit-images

Lets not forget they even advertise, whats acceptable there.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...broadcasting2/
    Mm a wee bit hasty to believe what that apology for a newspaper the Sun prints, seems actually this is a complete non story stirred up by estranged parents who are so concerned about their son's privacy they gave his details to the sun. No wonder the guy wants nothing to do with them!

Much as I ahve reservations about some of the BBC's output, including its willingness to provide a public platform for some of the right wing loonies from various so called think tanks. The BBC is respected world wide and is an important part of the UK's image.

If you find yourself disagreeing with a media source, thats generally a sign that they are not pandering (as Fox news does irrespective of the facts) to your particular bias or prejudice. I mean it does a great service reminding RF that we actually do ahve a multi cultural and diverse society, even if its not like that where he lives and that can only be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Mm a wee bit hasty to believe what that apology for a newspaper the Sun prints, seems actually this is a complete non story stirred up by estranged parents who are so concerned about their son's privacy they gave his details to the sun. No wonder the guy wants nothing to do with them!

Much as I ahve reservations about some of the BBC's output, including its willingness to provide a public platform for some of the right wing loonies from various so called think tanks. The BBC is respected world wide and is an important part of the UK's image.

If you find yourself disagreeing with a media source, thats generally a sign that they are not pandering (as Fox news does irrespective of the facts) to your particular bias or prejudice. I mean it does a great service reminding RF that we actually do ahve a multi cultural and diverse society, even if its not like that where he lives and that can only be a good thing.
    You keep defending it. Its a ***ual perverts fantasy land. History shows that. None so blind ..................

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    You keep defending it. Its a ***ual perverts fantasy land. History shows that. None so blind ..................
    C’mon Tricky...you don’t like the BBC and you don’t like the licence fee...but a ‘se xual perverts fantasy land’? That’s nonsense and if anyone suggested that about Thailand you’d get hysterical.

There’s Jimmy Savile, Stuart Hall, Rolf Harris (who all worked for other organisations too) a handful of others and now this unnamed ‘presenter’ who may or may not be guilty. Let’s keep some perspective here.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)