+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jacob Murphy

Jacob Murphy

A lot of players have improved drastically under Eddie Howe, but I think he edges it in terms of where he was not too long ago to what his level is now. He's gone the furthest length.

Lately, he's risen to the occassion on several parametres; great crosses, smart passing, great tracking back and defending, aggression in his pressing game and obviously contributing with assists and goals.

We still need to see him do this more consistently over a longer period of time, but I have a lot of respect for him and the way he's improved as the team has started to perform.

Aye, spot on, Hughie. The transformation has been remarkable. Not many, me included, would have kept him here next season but I think he's a valuable squad player.

Love Murphys attitude and his improvement but Joelintons transformation is unreal. I still can't get my head around a player that I ridiculed not so long ago has become such a beast and my favourite player this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Milburn9 View Post
    Love Murphys attitude and his improvement but Joelintons transformation is unreal. I still can't get my head around a player that I ridiculed not so long ago has become such a beast and my favourite player this season.
    It's the layers and layers of awesomeness that is NUFC right now.

Players on the pitch all playing to their absolute best level, going way beyond their expected 'ceilings'.
    Manager carries himself with amazing professionalism and a calm controlled manner. No drama.
    Back room recruitment staff getting organised by a world world class Director of Football in Dan Ashworth.
    Excellent board members with lift times of elite level business acumen leading the charge maximising the commercial revenue streams now open to the club.

The whole positive 'feel-good-factor' around the club are akin to the Keegan revolution. However this time we know that everything that is being done is 100% Sustainable from here until the sun turns off!

It's so cool to luxuriate in the majesty of all that is brilliant about NUFC right now.

Agreed - remember he was loaned out to Sheff Wed because "that is his level".

He has been amazing in transformation but have to agree - Big Jo is mine still.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Agreed - remember he was loaned out to Sheff Wed because "that is his level".

He has been amazing in transformation but have to agree - Big Jo is mine still.
    He was a goner.

I felt sorry for the guy. I never hated him, I always thought he was an honest professional just out of his depth in the Prem. A had a thought that he would do us proud when Cabbage got us relegated to the Championship.

I’ve always had a soft spot for him,maybe because he’s been a supportef from young age,sitting there,him and his twin with the nufc shirts on lol. Apart from that I always felt frustrated by him, no end product, but that’s all changed now, and he’s a very important team player for us.

He was so unlucky a lot of the time. Last season I think he hit the post like 8 times or something crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Milburn9 View Post
    JOELINTON has turned into a world beater! The guy is powerful, skilful, and plays with incredible passion - definitely my favourite player!
    Jacob Murphy has become valuable, as has Almiron and many others under EDDIE HOWE

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)