+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ****1ng joke of a club

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    It's NOT about deserving, it's about playing fair and allowing people who want to go to go.

There's capacity, they are being total ****s who wouldn't dream of pulling a stunt like this against the old firm.
    I disagree mate,how many cud we take?at least double the normal away allocation so due to size of ground never gonna happen.
    That is if what I believe that away allocation is,I heard 1600 normally for ochilview.
    They have limited us to 1000 if reports are true.
    That imo is when "deserving" does come into it.
    And yer solution probably the best bet,still be some fans(no many) who might miss out but in this situation always a few who miss out.
    We took thousands to livi and still fowk didna get in.
    Hope the see sense if what jdfc says is confirmed.

One of the stated perks of being a season ticket holder is priority ticketing for premium matches. No such perk exists for joining a supporters' club, has always been that way and should always be that way. Unfortunately for the volunteers who take on the responsibility of managing the running of supporters' club buses that's the reality. I can just about see their side of the argument but believe they're just not correct in their assertion that their club deserves any priority as they have no actual basis upon which to make that assertion. Going to Firhill, Greenock, Cove, Kirkcaldy etc. by supporters' club bus doesn't entitle priority allocation for premium tickets to any individual over a season ticket holder or the person that drove or got the train to the same games.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    My tuppence worth on this.

I don't think supporters clubs are be all and end all but there's a helluva lot of hassle running them, a helluva lot of time spent to running them, a helluva lot of gestures and financial goodwill towards dfc that goes into it and they generally make up the bulk ( not all) of the away support.

This fixture has long looked like it cud be a decider, DFC shud have been pressing earlier for ticket allocation, QP shouldn't be ****s and the officials should tell them to send all the tics ......perfect world.

As I say that's my 28th league game, means nought but it will be in the top 1000 of Dee fans games attended by a country mile but still behind jdfc and mibbe a cple of others on here.

I wud in this instance split the tics between the supporters clubs and season tic holders, I've been on both sides, but then that might not allow supporters clubs to fill a bus so will be running at a loss.

No sure what the answer is but QP are to blame for the problem, not DFC or our fans.
    Exactly this. DFC are on a hiding to nothing here. It’s QP being dicks that has caused this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    What part of 'been places where you're lucky if we had 250, yet supporters buses have run to all of them' entitles supporters clubs to priority allocation of 1,000 tickets. Of that near 250 how many went by bus? Two buses? 100? Maybe you're right, maybe supporters' clubs should have 100 set aside - between them.
    Pay attention, the buses still run when not full, it’s a service the clubs provide, always at a lose, the majority will travel with supporters clubs, not all I agree, that’s why a percentage should be put aside for them, they can then look at who’s attended most or just ballot the members,

Imagine calling season ticket holders glory hunters, couldnae mak it up.
    What do you call someone who hasn’t traveled to any away match, but decides to go to the last match because it’s a league decider,

One of the stated perks of being a season ticket holder is priority ticketing for premium matches. No such perk exists for joining a supporters' club, has always been that way and should always be that way. Unfortunately for the volunteers who take on the responsibility of managing the running of supporters' club buses that's the reality. I can just about see their side of the argument but believe they're just not correct in their assertion that their club deserves any priority as they have no actual basis upon which to make that assertion. Going to Firhill, Greenock, Cove, Kirkcaldy etc. by supporters' club bus doesn't entitle priority allocation for premium tickets to any individual over a season ticket holder or the person that drove or got the train to the same games.
    You’re obviously not aware of what being a paid member of DSA is supposed to entitled the clubs to, we were asked to submit a sheet with members names and season ticket numbers, those club members without season tickets lose out, that’s the perk of a season ticket, we have 15 members that don’t have season tickets, they would have to take there chance in a que

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    What do you call someone who hasn’t traveled to any away match, but decides to go to the last match because it’s a league decider,
    Available that particular day?

What do you call someone that has a season ticket but works 8 to 1 every Saturday and can't usually make away matches but takes a holiday to get to the biggest away match of the season? A glory hunter?

You’re obviously not aware of what being a paid member of DSA is supposed to entitled the clubs to, we were asked to submit a sheet with members names and season ticket numbers, those club members without season tickets lose out, that’s the perk of a season ticket, we have 15 members that don’t have season tickets, they would have to take there chance in a que
    If this is the case I doubt many fans would grudge these fans 1st options on tics.

I'm trying to see a reasoned argument in what you're saying but am struggling.

Where is the written agreement between the DSA and DFC that entitles affiliated supporters' club members, who are also season ticket holders, to additional priority over season ticket holders that are not members of supporters' clubs affiliated to DSA? And where are fans generally advised that there is this additional perk and thereby encouraged to join an affiliated club?

Who asked DSA affiliated clubs to submit names with season ticket numbers? The DSA presumably? Were the DSA advised by DFC that they should do that or did they do it off their own backs assuming it was to get priority?

I'm pretty confident if a supporters' club submitted 50 member names and season ticket numbers, was given 50 tickets, and only 40 season ticket holding members actually wanted tickets, the supporters' club wouldn't be handing 10 tickets back to DFC but would distribute them to their non season ticket holding members. It's happened before and is the reason , is that fair?

Pay attention, the buses still run when not full, it’s a service the clubs provide, always at a lose, the majority will travel with supporters clubs, not all I agree, that’s why a percentage should be put aside for them, they can then look at who’s attended most or just ballot the members,
    I disagree that the majority will travel with supporters' clubs to any away match, I think I counted 8 buses at Inverness and not all were full. Let's assume 50 people per bus, that's 400 (maximum) out of I think 1200 tickets sold to Dundee fans. That's not a majority. That alone tells me the bigger demand for away tickets is from non DSA affiliated member club fans. Trains to and from Arbroath were rammed, there were as many on the train I was on as there were on all the buses run by affiliated clubs - that was one train.

And again I'll reiterate, the vast majority of Dundee fans are not members of DSA affiliated clubs and will have little or no interest in the running, either at profit or loss, of any DSA affiliated club and its buses. The supporters' clubs know the risks and should not stamp their feet, be taking petted lips and whinging when they don't get what they want.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)