+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reflections on Ston

Reflections on Ston

Another game with a poor 45 minutes, thankfully followed by an excellent one.

Callum Wilson saved us. He’s a natural goal scorer which is hard to find - we are very lucky to have him.

This is the type of game we were drawing earlier in the season (Bmouth, Palsce, etc a home). Today is evidence of the team’s evolution.

Small thing but I’m not a fan of players carrying their own kids onto the pitch before the game. Could be something the Brazilian lads have introduced. Pre game should be 100% concentration. Get the kids on for the lap of honour after the final whistle.

Wilson’s first goal was pure class. I like it when player can adjust his position just rebalancing his body. He made it look so easy, but it doesn’t.
    His second was ok, too)

Quote Originally Posted by Marat18 View Post
    Wilson’s first goal was pure class. I like it when player can adjust his position just rebalancing his body. He made it look so easy, but it doesn’t.
    His second was ok, too)
    Yes he's usually in the right spot at the right time, typical striker. Hope he stays fit for the rest of our games, we need him.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Another game with a poor 45 minutes, thankfully followed by an excellent one.

Callum Wilson saved us. He’s a natural goal scorer which is hard to find - we are very lucky to have him.

This is the type of game we were drawing earlier in the season (Bmouth, Palsce, etc a home). Today is evidence of the team’s evolution.

Small thing but I’m not a fan of players carrying their own kids onto the pitch before the game. Could be something the Brazilian lads have introduced. Pre game should be 100% concentration. Get the kids on for the lap of honour after the final whistle.

nothing more to add!

The defending for their goal was absolutely terrible. We hardly keep clean sheets now. Not sure what has happened??

A world class left back would be a great signing, but how about another CB? And am I nuts to suggest we can improve on Pope?

Quote Originally Posted by GBruno View Post

A world class left back would be a great signing, but how about another CB? And am I nuts to suggest we can improve on Pope?
    Lol - who would you drop? Botman or Schar?
    To answer your second question:

yes, you are nuts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Lol - who would you drop? Botman or Schar?
    To answer your second question:

yes, you are nuts!!!
    To be fair, I think signing a quality DM would help sure up the defence again.

LB, DM, class LW or RW, attacking Mid (Maddison) and then stengthen the backup players.

[QUOTE=GBruno;40270876]The defending for their goal was absolutely terrible. We hardly keep clean sheets now. Not sure what has happened??

Poor goal—Tripps is not great defender in the box—not just size here—no way he should have lost his man and the inside position.

I too am grateful but greedy—3-1 win, 3rd place, and I too am shopping, in my mind, for players. I have to say, I hesitate to change too much defensively. Now and next year. But with European matches, plus a cup run, and the league, we have to/get to add depth. I am much more concerned with 2 in at striker given CW’s health history.

Quote Originally Posted by GBruno View Post
    The defending for their goal was absolutely terrible. We hardly keep clean sheets now. Not sure what has happened??

There’s been a couple of times lately when I’ve thought he could have done better, the Spurs goal for eg,was a poor shot from Kane,but Pope was covering the near post and he shot across him. If he’d just stood up instead of going down he would have got it.

Bare in mind that I live in South Africa. I wasn't aware that I sing along to the crowd and the 'ole's until my wife pointed it out today and was told i've been doing it for ages. Even though I don't know all the words🤣

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)