+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Owls v Rams

Matchday Thread: Owls v Rams

To quote Scott Hanson ‘it’s the witching hour, when wins turn into losses and losses turn into wins’. Also known as squeaky bum time, the moment of truth, or The Derby Way.

I’m really hoping my prediction for the run in of WDL 7th is wrong but it’s big challenge.

Anyone?

Ipswitching hour?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Ipswitching hour?
    But hopefully not SuperbOwls

If Posh fail to win at Barnsley then our result is irrelevant and we're in the playoffs. Come on Gunt's mob.

Thats what i think, draw in that game and we draw or lose....then we smash them in the semis

Having lured them into a false sense of security....

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    If Posh fail to win at Barnsley then our result is irrelevant and we're in the playoffs. Come on Gunt's mob.

That’ll be...Mr. Gunt to you...or even Mr. Gunteryy36...or, as we’re getting desperate...Mr. Gunteryy36, Sir!!...and I’ll have you know, Barnsley are not a ‘mob’. Most certainly not...they’re a collection of Yorkshire’s finest, who’ve had a jolly good season and are in a fully deserved league position which they just need to top off with another impressive, Brazilian style, victory against Peterborough who’ve honestly been saying dreadful things about the North, and Yorkshire in particular, all season.

Will that do, Gunt?

The results? Supertykes to win so it doesn’t really matter what we do, but....1-1 at horrible Hillsborough and God bless the Rev.Tiverton Preedy.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 01-05-2023 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    That’ll be...Mr. Gunt to you...or even Mr. Gunteryy36...or, as we’re getting desperate...Mr. Gunteryy36, Sir!!...and I’ll have you know, Barnsley are not a ‘mob’. Most certainly not...they’re a collection of Yorkshire’s finest, who’ve had a jolly good season and are in a fully deserved league position which they just need to top off with another impressive, Brazilian style, victory against Peterborough who’ve honestly been saying dreadful things about the North, and Yorkshire in particular, all season.

Will that do, Gunt?

The results? Supertykes to win so it doesn’t really matter what we do, but....1-1 at horrible Hillsborough and God bless the Rev.Tiverton Preedy.

Thanks for the big style grovelling, ram.

Barnsley will almost certainly lose on Saturday for a number of reasons: first and foremost, they don't need a result as they're already guaranteed a play off place; they don't need to field key players and risk injuries; Peterborough will bring a large following by their standards; the two clubs have history with Barnsley relegating Peterborough on the last day of the season due to tapping the ball around aimlessly for the last ten minutes of the game (slightly more complicated); they have shown excellent recent form going into the game; etc.

It's true Derby are slight favourites to get a result against SW but it'll be a nail biter.

Yes that'll do, ram, and I'm sure you'll say the same if results go against you.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    Thanks for the big style grovelling, ram.

Barnsley will almost certainly lose on Saturday for a number of reasons: first and foremost, they don't need a result as they're already guaranteed a play off place; they don't need to field key players and risk injuries; Peterborough will bring a large following by their standards; the two clubs have history with Barnsley relegating Peterborough on the last day of the season due to tapping the ball around aimlessly for the last ten minutes of the game (slightly more complicated); they have shown excellent recent form going into the game; etc.

It's true Derby are slight favourites to get a result against SW but it'll be a nail biter.

Yes that'll do, ram, and I'm sure you'll say the same if results go against you.
    Nah...I have no shame...if results go against us you’ll be back to being a bunch of tight ***** useless Yarksheer ********, so let’s hope you play nicely and at least get a draw.

Actually even if results go for us they will quickly revert to being a shower of Yorkshire ****e as s we may meet them at Wembley (or even in the semis if results contrive)

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)