+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Relegation - What next.

Several nails hit very much on the head;

https://lastwordonsports.com/footbal...ted-transfers/

Well, wouldn't this lot be just peachy if they turned out to be correct?

https://www.footballfancast.com/leed...pdates-latest/

So we will be waiting two weeks before a revised proposal is TABLED, not agreed????

https://www.leedsunited.news/news/sk...ea-radrizzani/

And presuming the deal can be done, the terrible twosome would stay at the club to "oversee a transition period", transition to what, League 1 FFS ???????

God only knows, but let's just hope these are just more click-bait and not quite as "on the button" as the link in post #61

The 49ers got what they wanted us to drop down so they can buy on the cheap. Not an innocent party to all this and God help us if they actually buy us.
    I hope the prick Radz doesn't sell and they f off and hopefully something decent comes out of it.We need a shining new knight with billions to save us lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    The 49ers got what they wanted us to drop down so they can buy on the cheap. Not an innocent party to all this and God help us if they actually buy us.
    I hope the prick Radz doesn't sell and they f off and hopefully something decent comes out of it.We need a shining new knight with billions to save us lol.
    If we want to bounce back then only hope is the 49ers and I think they will be okay.

If not have to find both a willing buyer and get Radz and 49ers to agree to sell up and at an agreed price - that could take months and we could end up with god knows who.

Steven Gerrard’s odds are dropping by on him being the next manager.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Sorry Oz, your wrong on this one. The 49's may not be a panacea for us but they won't be a poor owner. It's a business decision for them just like the Glazers, Kronkes and the Fenway sports groups. I'd say Scum, Arsenal and Lpool don't exactly hurt for money to invest. of course those groups, just like the 49's don't really give a hoot about the club or team. It's a business for them and they've made a lot of money off them. However, a club dropping down to the championship is not a sound business move regardless of how much of a discount they get. I will gladly protest with a Norwich colored scarf and cussing out the damn yanks if we are playing European football and fighting for top spot in the prem.

You should be a lot more concerned about Radz holding on to us. He's distracted, burnt out and not very well funded by prem standards. It's a losing equation over time.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Sorry Oz, your wrong on this one. The 49's may not be a panacea for us but they won't be a poor owner. It's a business decision for them just like the Glazers, Kronkes and the Fenway sports groups. I'd say Scum, Arsenal and Lpool don't exactly hurt for money to invest. of course those groups, just like the 49's don't really give a hoot about the club or team. It's a business for them and they've made a lot of money off them. However, a club dropping down to the championship is not a sound business move regardless of how much of a discount they get. I will gladly protest with a Norwich colored scarf and cussing out the damn yanks if we are playing European football and fighting for top spot in the prem.

You should be a lot more concerned about Radz holding on to us. He's distracted, burnt out and not very well funded by prem standards. It's a losing equation over time.
    So you don't think the 49ers had anything to do with all the Yanks in the team? Even though Orta is a dog I don't think he would have scooped that low in bringing them all in starting with Ted.
    Like you say all business for them and getting us relegated they will get us cheap and make money on us. On the other side, I hear the 49ers are a well-run club with the best treat being selling quality and building more to sell.
    In modern football, all we have to look forward to is business people for profit. Gone are the days when individuals bought and ran clubs because they barracked and cared about them.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post

Spot on with that last line, nightmare scenario but one that is as likely as any other at the moment.

If the 49-ers got us relegated to get us on the cheap then they don't understand how difficult it is to get promoted from the championship therefore they don't understand English football. Therefore we are doomed doomed ah tell ye.

The Yanks brought in (with the exception of Ted) were not bad business. The US market is growing rapidly. The prem league broadcasts have boosted the interest exponentially. If Leeds had worked out as envisioned it would have been a huge win financially. Instead it failed miserably. Adams was our best player but other than than it was poor.

However, I don't expect the 49's to repeat that mistake. They learned a very painful lesson.

I do think the 49's have a chance of keeping Adams, Gyabi, Drameh, Cresswell, Strujik, Perkins, Joseph, Grey, Robles and Rutter. That's the core of a very good team in the championship. with strong ownership it also diminishes the chances of having to fire sale players for pure short term money. They can demand more and get it since they have the resources to wait it out.

I think Rutter could be a very good player. Not $35 million but better than either Bamford or Rodrigo was when in the prem. He's so young and talented that he could blossom in the championship.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)