+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Middlesbrough Post Match Thoughts

It was like there was 2 Jamie Lindsay’s out there. Although I thought Stroud was itching to send him off.

The forgotten men Oddofin and Woody have risen to the occasion.

Seeing as they had very little to play for Boro really went for it.

Unadulterated joy! When was it ever in doubt?! Proud of the entire Rotherham United family - fantastic!

Great to see Dan Barlaser get a great reception when he took a corner in the North/West corner. Got a sneeky feeling he didn't put his all in when he had a couple of good shooting chances in the second half?

Worst refereeing performance of the season. The assault on Chieo was a straight red. The bungle on Hugill was never a red. Any other Referee this season would have let at least 15 Rotherham 'fouls' play on under the new approach to physical play. To hear all four stands, including the Boro fans, singing 'You're not fit to Referee' in unison summed Stroud's performance up - pathetic!

Can't wait for Wigan. Last year at Gillingham was a stress infused affair. This season's final game will be pure celebration. If we win and Reading lose, no mardy arses can claim that we only stayed up due to points deductions!!

Great day!!

To be fair to the hapless Keith Stroud I thought he did us a favour with added time
    Only 4 minutes after loads of players on the floor, the goal celebrations, subs etc I was expecting 8/9

Now I`ve come down a bit....another great day at our wonderful stadium,reminded me a bit of the 1st promotion under Evans,with Johnny Mullin scoring in front of the kop,it felt that good.
    The squad will look a lot different season,lots of loans gone,if they are fit,then I think an offer to Hall and Morrison would be a good idea,not really bothered about any others.
    Must,must keep Chieo,and get another like him,won`t be easy,but if are going progress we need some better players,Dan really showed today what we are missing,and probably most importantly.....a goal scorer,average teams like Coventry and Luton have done great things this season with someone who can score 20+ goals,obviously these players cost big money,so we need to find a lower league,or overseas gem instead.
    Final word......Richard Wood,you sir are a MILLERS LEGEND,thank you for being a proper footballer,you will be missed my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post
    Unadulterated joy! When was it ever in doubt?! Proud of the entire Rotherham United family - fantastic!

Great to see Dan Barlaser get a great reception when he took a corner in the North/West corner. Got a sneeky feeling he didn't put his all in when he had a couple of good shooting chances in the second half?

Worst refereeing performance of the season. The assault on Chieo was a straight red. The bungle on Hugill was never a red. Any other Referee this season would have let at least 15 Rotherham 'fouls' play on under the new approach to physical play. To hear all four stands, including the Boro fans, singing 'You're not fit to Referee' in unison summed Stroud's performance up - pathetic!

Can't wait for Wigan. Last year at Gillingham was a stress infused affair. This season's final game will be pure celebration. If we win and Reading lose, no mardy arses can claim that we only stayed up due to points deductions!!

Great day!!

Yes, I can’t recall any other time when both set of supporters were singing “ you’re not fit to referee”

I’m loathe to criticise refs because it’s a tough job, but today’s ref was dire and the linesman in the west stand side was also poor, missing a lot of offsides.

Great team performance today, we might have a low possession statistic but we wanted it more.

Well done to all involved, particularly the management team and TS for supporting them.

As for points deductions, well they shouldn’t cheat should they?

Relegation due to cheating the rules, great, let’s have more please

So proud of the lads today.Everyone played for each other and you could see the delight on everyone in a red shirt when the whistle went.When Chieo had to go off from the red card tackle it seemed everything was going against us but we knuckled down to the task and got our due rewards.Matty T. has done a fantastic job with all the injuries we've had and we are safe with a match to go.Please,please,please back the manager this time TS.

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    If its the Tykes that get promoted then that would make it a good summer for me
    The other 3 currently in the playoffs have a serious case of entitlement syndrome
    Bolton
    Porkers
    Derby

All their fans think Man City and PSG are there for the taking in Two seasons

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Not putting a dampener on it but Fosu losing ball on occasions again must have sealed his departure from here. Harding showed he's best right back here get him Chieo Rathbone Wiles on longer contracts. Wood apart from 1st half getting outpaced did his job well on must be his last home game for us. Next season we need fit stronger players. UTM
    It was also Fosu’s high pressing that won the ball back for the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes, I can’t recall any other time when both set of supporters were singing “ you’re not fit to referee”

I’m loathe to criticise refs because it’s a tough job, but today’s ref was dire and the linesman in the west stand side was also poor, missing a lot of offsides.

Great team performance today, we might have a low possession statistic but we wanted it more.

Well done to all involved, particularly the management team and TS for supporting them.

As for points deductions, well they shouldn’t cheat should they?

Relegation due to cheating the rules, great, let’s have more please
    Especially as half the deduction was suspended last year and they cheated again.

Great performance from a patched-up team, I feared the worst when Chio had to go off.

Difficult to give anyone MoM, but today not Viktor, his best save was from Lindsay's slice.

Really pleased for Odoffin, Wash was saying that he practices those shots 50 times a day.

Most bizarre refereeing all season. Most would have given a red for the lunge on Chio. The red they did get was doubtful. The challenge on Kelly near the end looked a penalty to me. He actually booked Odoffin for coming back on the field when the 4th official had said it was ok to go on!

Anyway, happy days, first time in 7 years we'll be in the same division next season.

Oh, changed my mind, the crowd deserved MoM today, they really do make a difference.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast