+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bradford

We rushed off and missed it. But just watched a clip of it. Long is a bit of a prat but I'd love to know what he said.

However....who was that team in red and where have they been all season????

Surprisingly quiet on this board tonight which is strange after such a magnificent performance against a team trying for automatic promotion. Something that is now off the table after that result.
    It is fair to say that not one player on the pitch tonight in red lacked any effort. Everyone to a man gave 100% from start to finish. Agyei's first goal was an absolute belter. Long had a great game, particularly in the second half and deserved that goal. I was not happy with is manner and attitude on Saturday but that player in the number 7 shirt tonight would be a huge asset next season.

True, but he's definitely going. Maybe closer to his roots????

Excellent performance. Two players not up to the level. Shame Zac is a walking red card every week. Needs to sort his temperament out or find another profession. Amoo couldn't control a bag of cement and got the penalty because he was so slow. Apart from them all a good 8 out of 10. Long makes a big difference but what a prat for a grown man. Agyei outstanding again. Booth unconvincing and definitely not No 1 material for next season. Connor and Rod would make an excellent pairing (hopefully). All very promising for the development of our rookie manager.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Excellent performance. Two players not up to the level. Shame Zac is a walking red card every week. Needs to sort his temperament out or find another profession. Amoo couldn't control a bag of cement and got the penalty because he was so slow. Apart from them all a good 8 out of 10. Long makes a big difference but what a prat for a grown man. Agyei outstanding again. Booth unconvincing and definitely not No 1 material for next season. Connor and Rod would make an excellent pairing (hopefully). All very promising for the development of our rookie manager.
    I have to disagree about Booth. He was a little at fault for their second goal, and one kicked clearance towards the end of the game was not good. That said, I don't recall any other errors and he kept us level more than once with some damn good saves. He is 18, and doubtless is best days are ahead of him. But I would go with him as number 1 next season and look to bring someone in to challenge him

Having condemned Long on Saturday for his reaction to his manager, before I condemn him again for the spat with Hughes I would like to know what prompted it. Someone said Hughes had had a dig at him during the second half. Either way, it did make me chuckle cos Hughes is an irritating oik.

Have to put in another word for another truly awful referee. I didn't know that they'd changed the rules so that if someone simply falls down, they get a free kick.
    And it was inevitable who'd get the yellow card when the Bradford player kept trying to steal a good 10 yards and CBR tried to stop him.
    In fact he was so quick with the whistle that he managed to blow for a penalty in the 2 seconds between Amoo hitting the deck and CBR rifling the ball into the net.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Have to put in another word for another truly awful referee. I didn't know that they'd changed the rules so that if someone simply falls down, they get a free kick.
    And it was inevitable who'd get the yellow card when the Bradford player kept trying to steal a good 10 yards and CBR tried to stop him.
    In fact he was so quick with the whistle that he managed to blow for a penalty in the 2 seconds between Amoo hitting the deck and CBR rifling the ball into the net.
    I thought up until about the 60 minute mark the ref had been decent. Given a couple of cards out when they were deserved. But he had a shocking last 20 minutes and the booking of CBR was ridiculous. He was also allowing the advancement of anything up to 20 yards at the throw ins. And you could see a second yellow on the cards for CBR for dawdling back to the restart after the penalty particularly having been given the "hurry up" by the ref. Not clever on CBR's part

I don't understand players lack of common sense with referees who are card happy. CBR may have been right when he was kicking the ball to the right place for a free kick, but it was obvious to all that he was going to get booked after the third time of doing it. To then take ages to get back to his own half when he had already been warned was just asking for trouble. I don't know whether it's "attitude" or just being brain dead

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    I have to disagree about Booth. He was a little at fault for their second goal, and one kicked clearance towards the end of the game was not good. That said, I don't recall any other errors and he kept us level more than once with some damn good saves. He is 18, and doubtless is best days are ahead of him. But I would go with him as number 1 next season and look to bring someone in to challenge him

Having condemned Long on Saturday for his reaction to his manager, before I condemn him again for the spat with Hughes I would like to know what prompted it. Someone said Hughes had had a dig at him during the second half. Either way, it did make me chuckle cos Hughes is an irritating oik.
    I have to agree with Timmy - yes an error in rushing to a ball he couldn't get and a bad kick under pressure (that didn't cost us), but nothing worse than Arthur showed a few times in his first 4 - 6 weeks before he settled into league football. You have to expect it with young keepers and hope to see the benefits as they gain experience and confidence. Happy to see someone who can really challenge him next season mind you, which it already looks as if Trig can't.

On the Long-Hughes incident, several people near me said Hughes had been mouthing off at him about something when the teams were on the sidelines during the second flare stoppage, though I didn't see it myself, so maybe it was payback for that?

Love the Bradford fans blaming the idiots with the flares, and saying without them the match would have been over before the penalty!
    Last edited by ShropshireAlex; 04-05-2023 at 11:38 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast