+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    I have to agree with Timmy - yes an error in rushing to a ball he couldn't get and a bad kick under pressure (that didn't cost us), but nothing worse than Arthur showed a few times in his first 4 - 6 weeks before he settled into league football. You have to expect it with young keepers and hope to see the benefits as they gain experience and confidence. Happy to see someone who can really challenge him next season mind you, which it already looks as if Trig can't.

On the Long-Hughes incident, several people near me said Hughes had been mouthing off at him about something when the teams were on the sidelines during the second flare stoppage, though I didn't see it myself, so maybe it was payback for that?

Love the Bradford fans blaming the idiots with the flares, and saying without them the match would have been over before the penalty!
    Long appeared to want to shake the hand of Hughes unless he was taking the wotsit. If it was the latter then Hughes needs to grow up. As a manager you don't react to another player no matter how narked you are that you have been largely outplayed and outscored. It was funny to see Regan Griffiths I think it was dragging Long away and Hughes and his assistant going after Long. That would not have ended well for anyone had he caught up with him. Has anyone heard any comments from Hughes regarding the match or, indeed, the incident in question?

Also, Trig really is not up to challenging the number 1 Keeper. That has been proved over a number of seasons. He is a decent enough shot stopper but there were several moments last night where we all know Trig would have been indecisive and probably cost us.
    Last edited by Timmy58; 04-05-2023 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Long appeared to want to shake the hand of Hughes unless he was taking the wotsit. If it was the latter then Hughes needs to grow up. As a manager you don't react to another player no matter how narked you are that you have been largely outplayed and outscored. It was funny to see Regan Griffiths I think it was dragging Long away and Hughes and his assistant going after Long. That would not have ended well for anyone had he caught up with him. Has anyone heard any comments from Hughes regarding the match or, indeed, the incident in question?
    I think LB got between them too before any punches were thrown.

On Bradford's O/S nothing controversial from Hughes - no downplaying of our play or mention of the incident: "The Welshman admitted his side did not have the control they would have liked and that the Bantams “were always at risk” of losing the point.

Nevertheless, the City boss expects a reaction from the Bantams ahead of Bank Holiday Monday's visit of Leyton Orient.

“We did not have the control we would have liked,” he said.

“It became an end-to-end game and we were always at risk of losing the point we had worked for.

“There were consecutive errors that were a result of a lack of control, and that led to the goals.

“We have to learn from that. It is a difficult one to take.

“We have felt disappointment like this before, but we have to bounce back. We will go again.

“There is a huge game coming up, and we will be ready."

Very strong statement from their club about the flares- 3rd away game it's happened at and the FA are on their backs, and they VERY much don't want it on Monday v Orient, which is the 38th anniversary of the fire in the stand. All those arrested have been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    I think LB got between them too before any punches were thrown.

On Bradford's O/S nothing controversial from Hughes - no downplaying of our play or mention of the incident: "The Welshman admitted his side did not have the control they would have liked and that the Bantams “were always at risk” of losing the point.

Nevertheless, the City boss expects a reaction from the Bantams ahead of Bank Holiday Monday's visit of Leyton Orient.

“We did not have the control we would have liked,” he said.

“It became an end-to-end game and we were always at risk of losing the point we had worked for.

“There were consecutive errors that were a result of a lack of control, and that led to the goals.

“We have to learn from that. It is a difficult one to take.

“We have felt disappointment like this before, but we have to bounce back. We will go again.

“There is a huge game coming up, and we will be ready."

Very strong statement from their club about the flares- 3rd away game it's happened at and the FA are on their backs, and they VERY much don't want it on Monday v Orient, which is the 38th anniversary of the fire in the stand. All those arrested have been banned.
    You really would think that with the memory of the fire at their stadium that their supporters would be very against anything like that. I guess it is just a brainless few as is ever the case. I saw someone suggest lobbing them back in the crowd. Probably not the greatest idea although very tempting. Absolutely no need for it at all. There will be outrage when someone gets injured from one of these things.

Hughes reply when asked about Long..."I really don't know who he is, perhaps someone could let me know"
    Brilliant response!!!

Re. The flares, the onus is on The Alex to search for objects such as flares, knives bottles etc.

The Referee will put it in his report, I hope we dont have any repercussions.

On to the game it shows that very slowly but surely we are getting a side together than can compete.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123