+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bradford

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    I have to agree with Timmy - yes an error in rushing to a ball he couldn't get and a bad kick under pressure (that didn't cost us), but nothing worse than Arthur showed a few times in his first 4 - 6 weeks before he settled into league football. You have to expect it with young keepers and hope to see the benefits as they gain experience and confidence. Happy to see someone who can really challenge him next season mind you, which it already looks as if Trig can't.

On the Long-Hughes incident, several people near me said Hughes had been mouthing off at him about something when the teams were on the sidelines during the second flare stoppage, though I didn't see it myself, so maybe it was payback for that?

Love the Bradford fans blaming the idiots with the flares, and saying without them the match would have been over before the penalty!
    Long appeared to want to shake the hand of Hughes unless he was taking the wotsit. If it was the latter then Hughes needs to grow up. As a manager you don't react to another player no matter how narked you are that you have been largely outplayed and outscored. It was funny to see Regan Griffiths I think it was dragging Long away and Hughes and his assistant going after Long. That would not have ended well for anyone had he caught up with him. Has anyone heard any comments from Hughes regarding the match or, indeed, the incident in question?

Also, Trig really is not up to challenging the number 1 Keeper. That has been proved over a number of seasons. He is a decent enough shot stopper but there were several moments last night where we all know Trig would have been indecisive and probably cost us.
    Last edited by Timmy58; 04-05-2023 at 11:48 AM.