+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat Sam

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    In other words he wasn’t charged with anything, just UK press hyping up something
    Not quite;

https://www.sportingnews.com/uk/foot...ppf3okz3awldmd

It WAS a sting by a newspaper, that's true, but the recordings they made were (possibly still are) in the public domain and were, as the FA stated, inappropriate for an England Manager, hence the parting my mutual consent (but like the parting by mutual consent of LUFC and Orta, rather than a court case (which might have been the case if the Telegraph had waited until he "did the deed2, rather than just suggesting he could).

From Wikipedia, granted not always 100% but gives you jist of those events…

Robert Sullivan, Director of Strategy at the FA, later confirmed to the Commons Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee that Allardyce's comments were "a factual, correct statement around the laws of the English game and having third-party ownership"[250]

Following a review by City of London Police, Allardyce was cleared of any wrongdoing, with The Daily Telegraph also clarifying that it "did not suggest that Allardyce had broken the law", though he agreed that he had been "a fool".[251]

Speaking to The Observer, Martin Glen, CEO of the FA, said that "it is a tragedy that we have ended up having to part company with him [Allardyce] over the, the – you know – entrapment".[252]
    Last edited by whitestomper45; 04-05-2023 at 12:51 PM.

Robert Sullivan, Director of Strategy at the FA, later confirmed to the Commons Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee that Allardyce's comments were "a factual, correct statement around the laws of the English game and having third-party ownership"[250]

Following a review by City of London Police, Allardyce was cleared of any wrongdoing, with The Daily Telegraph also clarifying that it "did not suggest that Allardyce had broken the law", though he agreed that he had been "a fool".[251]

Speaking to The Observer, Martin Glen, CEO of the FA, said that "it is a tragedy that we have ended up having to part company with him [Allardyce] over the, the – you know – entrapment".[252]
    Sections of the media appear to be quite skilled at priming targets and then carefully and possibly selectively presenting the story and background.

In other words he wasn’t charged with anything, just UK press hyping up something
    So he left (or was pushed from) the England job for no reason?

In that case, wheel him in and call him Saviour.

He's still a cnut.

As I mentioned, no court case ensued as a result of the Telegraphs "sting", but they (the Telegraph) obtained recordings where "Allardyce was allegedly shown negotiating a £400,000 fee to represent a firm hoping to profit from player transfers involving Premier League clubs. He also, according to the recordings, offered advice on how to circumvent FA rules on third-party ownership, mocked Hodgson for having a speech impediment and criticised the FA for its redevelopment of Wembley Stadium".

Just the kind of upstanding character you want as England manager (or LUFC manager?).

I suspect that all managers/senior executives have skeletons in closets, but to get stung just two months into a "dream job", and to do so whilst bigging up your own "consulting" ambitions, offering to advise on how to circumvent your employers rules on club ownership, well "foolish" doesn't quite cut it, does it?

LUFC Saviour? Hmm, let's see what happens, although if true, it seems that he has at least made a good first impression on the players;

https://tbrfootball.com/using-some-e...-met-at-leeds/
    Last edited by WTF11; 04-05-2023 at 05:15 PM.

Don't care. The majority of them are dodgy - just never caught out. If he saves us, great.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    As I mentioned, no court case ensued as a result of the Telegraphs "sting", but they (the Telegraph) obtained recordings where "Allardyce was allegedly shown negotiating a £400,000 fee to represent a firm hoping to profit from player transfers involving Premier League clubs. He also, according to the recordings, offered advice on how to circumvent FA rules on third-party ownership, mocked Hodgson for having a speech impediment and criticised the FA for its redevelopment of Wembley Stadium".

Just the kind of upstanding character you want as England manager (or LUFC manager?).

I suspect that all managers/senior executives have skeletons in closets, but to get stung just two months into a "dream job", and to do so whilst bigging up your own "consulting" ambitions, offering to advise on how to circumvent your employers rules on club ownership, well "foolish" doesn't quite cut it, does it?

LUFC Saviour? Hmm, let's see what happens, although if true, it seems that he has at least made a good first impression on the players;

https://tbrfootball.com/using-some-e...-met-at-leeds/
    I repeat, in answer to the same £400K/circumvention "deal"

Mocking Woy in that he's kinda dull oh dear in these woke days

Moaning about the FA, in particular Wembley redevelopment which at time and is referred to today as badly run, way over budget (3 x initial budget) and moaned that Prince William didn't show up for Euro 2020 launch.... oh yeah, terrible altogether get real

I repeat, in answer to the same £400K/circumvention "deal"

Mocking Woy in that he's kinda dull oh dear in these woke days

Moaning about the FA, in particular Wembley redevelopment which at time and is referred to today as badly run, way over budget (3 x initial budget) and moaned that Prince William didn't show up for Euro 2020 launch.... oh yeah, terrible altogether get real
    There is no need to repeat yourself, although clearly you feel otherwise. He didn't break any law, as I have said in other posts, simply made himself (and by implication the FA given their decision to appoint him) look f00king clueless as to how to conduct himself as England manager within 60 days of his appointment (and how he had the nerve to mock Roy Hodgson in the process beggars belief, no matter what decade/century we might be in).

Btw, every major civil engineering project run by any kind of quango/government body is inevitably going to cost "x" times what it was budgeted for, and "y" times as long to complete (HS2, the twin aircraft carriers, Crossrail etc etc etc etc etc) so Wembley actually coming in roughly on schedule if not on cost was quite an achievement.

He might save us, he might not, I genuinely hope he does, I'm sure he will be heartened to know you have his back.

He's not been proved guilty of anything you and others suggest.
    You obviously forget the mess that was the rebuilding of Wembley

Anyway great to see a Leeds fan who backs the FA and their judgements

He's not been proved guilty of anything you and others suggest.
    You obviously forget the mess that was the rebuilding of Wembley

Anyway great to see a Leeds fan who backs the FA and their judgements
    Other than in post #27, where he was euphemistically described as "a useless, dishonest, morally bankrupt cnut", I don't think you will find that anyone has posted anything that accused him of anything that I and others "suggest", apart from being a dishonest morally bankrupt cnut".

Do I (or anyone else), care about the mess that was the Wembley redevelopment, any more than we care (because there is nothing we can do about it) that HS2 is the most monumentally stupid waste of money in any infrastructure project ever embarked upon by a UK government, ever? I think not.

And "backing the FA and their judgements"? Please (and I mean, it, PLEASE) try and find any examples of posts of mine where under any circumstances, and at any time, have I ever agreed or supported "the FA and their judgements".

Your everlasting and undying dedication to holding a contra position to anything I might post here, no matter what the subject nor the opinion held, is further evidence, if it were necessary, as to why I no longer need to insult you.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)