The Chronicle report today that Liverpool would face some tough negotiations if they were to try and land Newcastle's Joelinton.

As Liverpool’s top four hopes fade away their midfield problems are once again the topic of discussion – with ex-Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler believing that Newcastle’s Joelinton could be ‘perfect’ for the Reds.

The midfield is of course an issue that has plagued Jurgen Klopp’s side all season and with players such as Jordan Henderson and James Milner reaching the business end of their careers.

With this in mind, Liverpool seemingly looked to Jude Bellingham as the key to their midfield rejuvenation. That deal however has fell by the wayside and Fowler believes the Reds should turn their attentions to Newcastle’s Brazilian star.

“I’d end too, by saying that I’m a big, big fan of Joelinton, who combines both aspects of the game I’ve been talking about. And [he] looks just about the identikit of the perfect player for Liverpool,” Fowler told the Sunday Mirror.

Quick, physically strong and an endless runner – it is clear to see why Liverpool would be interested in the 26-year-old. Despite now being one of the first names on the team, the Brazilian’s time on Tyneside hasn’t always gone this swimmingly, with attributes as a midfielder going unnoticed until the appointment of Eddie Howe back in November 2021.

Since his transition into midfield, Joelinton has transformed into one of the league’s best pressing midfielders – making him an ideal replacement for the likes of Henderson. It is not only pressing and defending in which Joelinton has shone though, with Howe massively improving the Brazilian going forward – with Joelinton’s six league goals this season showing he can provide the goods at both ends.

If the Reds do want to add Joelinton to their thin midfield roster they will face some stiff negotiations from the Newcastle hierarchy – who will undoubtedly want to keep a hold of their midfield general as they surge up the league.

Here is my answer to both Robbie Fu(kwit and Jurgen's Vomit: F U C K OFF, you filthy scouser KUNTS !!!!!!