+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last match of the season

Last match of the season

Saturday's game with Kelty will be the last at Palmerston for a few weeks and we'll miss it, - even if the football was at times indifferent this season.

We should get ourselves along and show our support to the lads and especially the manager, as his re-building job, - could be the most important many of us have seen for a long time.

Be glad to see the back of this season but I’m looking forward to seeing what players Marv can bring in. He certainly talks a good game and is very much a true professional who’ll take no sh1t from anyone.

Absolutely Aloreburn, - and what is needed at Queens to move the club forward.

I always detest the void of the close season but this one is probably the most important in many years. Marvin now has to construct a squad to his liking who have the balance that he is seeking and to a man are prepared to match his punishing regime. The board must also fully support him to get the calibre of players he wants so we can achieve the goal of promotion next season otherwise I fear that it could end badly and Queens will languish in the lower leagues for many seasons as a part time team. We are drinking in the last chance saloon.
    Hopefully it will therefore be a successful recruitment close season and we are all buzzing for the start of next season on our new higher quality grade surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    I always detest the void of the close season but this one is probably the most important in many years. Marvin now has to construct a squad to his liking who have the balance that he is seeking and to a man are prepared to match his punishing regime. The board must also fully support him to get the calibre of players he wants so we can achieve the goal of promotion next season otherwise I fear that it could end badly and Queens will languish in the lower leagues for many seasons as a part time team. We are drinking in the last chance saloon.
    Hopefully it will therefore be a successful recruitment close season and we are all buzzing for the start of next season on our new higher quality grade surface.
    Fingers crossed Spike that Queens under Mr Bartley improve greatly after a quite a few seasons now of pretty dismal fare - apart from the individual brilliance of Stephen Dobbie of course - with many fans disappearing like snaw off a dyke. I agree 100 per cent we are now drinking in the last chance saloon ! !

Kelty are the only team we’ve not taken a point off of all season.
    Let’s hope that changes tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Kelty are the only team we’ve not taken a point off of all season.
    Let’s hope that changes tomorrow
    Tomorrow will be a good time to rectify that poor record and I suspect that we will do just that 😉. Mon the South 👏👏

Comfortable win today with the team passing the ball around neatly and creating quite a few chances four of which were converted. Would have been nice for Paton to have bagged a hat trick on which is likely to be his final appearance for Queens. All the best to Rhuari and you certainly gave your all in every game for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Comfortable win today with the team passing the ball around neatly and creating quite a few chances four of which were converted. Would have been nice for Paton to have bagged a hat trick on which is likely to be his final appearance for Queens. All the best to Rhuari and you certainly gave your all in every game for the club.
    Yes good luck in your future Ruari if as rumoured you are leaving Palmy for pastures new. By the way did he finish up the top League One scorer or was it shared with the lad from Airdrieonians ? - The Sunday papers give different versions !

Really enjoyed the game. I know it meant little in the end but we played with decent intensity. Our poor record against Kelty cost us the play offs as much as our head to head v Alloa.
    Harry had another fine game and the support seem to have really taken to him of late. Attitude is so important in football. If everybody had put in the effort of Paton this season we would not have toiled to fifth. I thought East and McKechnie played well. East needs a bit more intensity sometimes than the coolness that sometimes can look like casualness. It was a shame Ruari missed out on that elusive hat-trick. Others seemed buoyed from his interview with Sandra but I thought the waves were from a man on the move. He has been a great signing and improved both seasons.
    My only negative was Paul McKay and McKenna again too soft and more often than not seem to lose one on ones. I think we need different types than them.
    Kelty were pretty poor but a lot was down to use. Agyeman looked interesting strong and quick and a fine finish but the rumours seem to be him following the road to Raith.
    Must mention Muir's cameo. He put in a great cross and looked forward all the time. He looks as though he believes he belongs in the first team. A small pot of evidence admittedly but I think he has been under used by both managers.
    A busy close season for the manager. Obvious but he has to raise the standards again.
    Missing the football already.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)