+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well done Tony Mowbray

Well done Tony Mowbray

Great to see him doing a really good job at newly promoted Sunderland.
    Always unfairly got the blame for a drop off in form in the second part of the season (which is exactly what has happened here this season, which is also exactly what was happening in the seasons before he joined) and was told by our gob****es he was crap.
    His side will likely finish above us, having spent less money and are new to this league. He is doing a tremendous job and clearly was not where 100% of the fault lay, as its happening right now, again.
    I wonder if this current guy will be treated the same until he is forced out, and we can start laying 100% of the blame on a new manager.
    Meanwhile, Mowbray will probably end up getting Sunderland promoted at some stage.

At the end of the day,the buck stops with the manager.
    Players carry on putting half a shift in but the manager gets the bullet.
    Things had gone stale with him.
    He look uninterested and bored most of the time and loved a square pegs in a round hole.
    I wish him well at Sunderland
    It's a good fit for him
    Realistic expectations and more passionate fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    He look uninterested and bored most of the time and loved a square pegs in a round hole.
    It's a good fit for him
    That's why JDT will likely leave. More realistic expectations and a more passionate fan base.

It's a good fit for him
    last season we actually gained more points in the second half of the season that we did this year.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    last season we actually gained more points in the second half of the season that we did this year.
    Also worth noting that if we don't win on Monday, we will finish with less points and will finish in a lower position than last season, which was deemed worse than this. In some ways we have actually regressed.

I am not so sure about that.
    This team is certainly no better than last season if anything he has to blood more youth through.
    Hey mowbray did well last season but the damage was done the season before with that monumental fall away in January.
    I have no gripe with mowbray and wish him well at Sunderland,however he was average here with better players over his tenure.
    Let's judge JDT with a full transfer window to operate in.
    So far he has had just about a good season as manager.
    A little lady luck(which we have had zero recently)and it could be an excellent first season.

Brilliant achievement for TM and his young inexperienced side hit badly by injuries. Good to see a decent manager do well with a big club.
    Yet another disappointing end to a season that is ....exactly the same. Only now we don't have one person to blame. Who went onto better things immediately

We can blow the trumpet for our ex manager but he was part of several massive slides for the club.
    We missed out on goal difference,which is sad but we have improved overall.
    Smart recruitment is needed in the summer.

You missed out with bad luck ,bad reffing decisions and some bad defending in the last seconds of one game in particular game.Wishing you all the best for next season.👍

We can blow the trumpet for our ex manager but he was part of several massive slides for the club.
    We missed out on goal difference,which is sad but we have improved overall.
    Smart recruitment is needed in the summer.

What you mean, is what happened with TM here, happened to us this season too, with another manager. And happened to GB before TM was here. Also failing to get into the play offs with Rudy Gestede and Rhodes. It has been going on the past 10 years. Meanwhile, as soon as TM goes to a proper football club, he got into the play offs and we failed having been in the top 6 all season. Which is a bigger fall away than ever before.
    He full deserves a mention. He was treated with utter contempt here. And wrongly blamed when things went wrong, like they appear to do most seasons here.
    Surely you see the pattern here, as it happens every season? I just never believed that failure (if you can call it that) was done to one single person.
    His side was left for JDT, which he has taken on. We made lots of great signings, all who have improved us, over the season and the poor lad was slated and told all his signings were crap remember? Yes, he has done a decent job glad you noticed.
    They have the makings of a good side next season, move Dack on with Brero and get a goal scorer in and a few experienced players in and they probably have a decent top 8 side.

I am just overjoyed that is all finally over, it was horrific to have to endure our football club lose almost every match on Sky, or draw some truly awful games like Wigan or Hull. I get zero enjoyment from sitting and watching our season fall apart live on Sky in a stadium not even close to half full. It is painful.
    I think footy is a game you kind of have to go and watch live.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)