+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huddersfield Town

Let's hope we get promoted through the play offs.

Some tasty local games with good crowds to help finances - Hull, Rotherham, S Wed, Huddersfield and possibly Middlesborough.

Along with the games against the dark side of the Pennines teams.

The additional SKY monies from the 2024/2025 season will also favour Championship teams v League 1 for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Let's hope we get promoted through the play offs.

Some tasty local games with good crowds to help finances - Hull, Rotherham, S Wed, Huddersfield and possibly Middlesborough.

Along with the games against the dark side of the Pennines teams.

The additional SKY monies from the 2024/2025 season will also favour Championship teams v League 1 for sure.
    You are right about some tasty local games if we went up but unfortunately for one of those teams you mention they would not be playing us , despite being probably the biggest club in the world the poor old Wendies would be staying in division one for at least another season , if only Carlsberg did Play Offs !!!!!!

Ipswich could be docked points for scoring too many goals and Wednesday promoted in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Well done Neil Warnock.

A number of us said when Huddersfield brought him in as a firefighter that they couldn't have made a better choice.

Barnsley FC knew better of course and brought in Poya Asbaghi in similar relegation threatened circumstances to Huddersfield. Warnock had strongly hinted to the club that he was available and would fancy the job for a few months.

I watched the second heyf on tele and have to say Sheff Utd looked "off the pace" over-hit passes, poor corners, no runners, no tackling.

Delighted to see Reading in the Third Division. Reading-v-Stevenage has a nice feel about it.
    BLADES were much the better side in the first half but missed some good chances at Udders.The 2nd half Warnock had obviously got into their ribs at H/T and they were the better side.Hecky wasn't pleased with our 2nd half "performance" so i did expect and got a better performance at Brum.I don't like us losing any time but i'm pleased Reading went down rather than Udders or the Millers.Good luck in the play offs ROMA's Reds.UTB

Neil Warnock agrees to stay as Huddersfield Town manager next season after coming out of retirement to inspire remarkable Championship relegation escape... even though he'll turn 75 during the campaign!

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Neil Warnock agrees to stay as Huddersfield Town manager next season after coming out of retirement to inspire remarkable Championship relegation escape... even though he'll turn 75 during the campaign!
    That bloke will niver retire , too much in his blood to get an allotment .

Good news , keeps Duff away from temptation although I would have been surprised to see him go there .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    That bloke will niver retire , too much in his blood to get an allotment .

Good news , keeps Duff away from temptation although I would have been surprised to see him go there .
    If Michael Duff makes a good start to the season with Barnsley he is likely to be in the frame for jobs that come up in the first sacking season in mid October. My money is on Nigel Pearson making a poor start at Bristol City.

I've always liked Warnock though nowadays I think he is more effective in the short term firefighting roles. I'm not sure the daily grind of a season in the Championship at Huddersfield will suit him. That farm down near Plymouth will always be on his mind as Dogbotherer fans with unrealistic expectations start to moan.

He should've left imo. It was job done last season and credit to him for that. However, I reckon it's being in the dug out that keeps him going and if he's happy then good luck to him.

Colin and Hudds Taarn are well suited to each other... know what I mean, ehh!. 💩

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12