+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T God Save the King

O/T God Save the King

I’m not overly keen on the ‘hangers-on’, but I am a Royalist. Certainly much prefer the Monarchy to a Republican style regime with a President. Maybe being aged over 70 has a bearing ?

Do you mean that you'd rather have Charles than Trump? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Baggies_Boy_Tony View Post
    Do you mean that you'd rather have Charles than Trump? lol
    On balance…I think so ��

PS Irrespective of one’s views regarding the Monarchy, I consider the somewhat overly done pageantry is nevertheless something to be proud of.
    GSTK

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    On balance…I think so ��
    Me too. As an ex serviceman who swore allegiance to the late queen in 1982. God save the king

I would hate a state President someone like that up himself Macron no thank you I am proud to have our Monarchy, God bless the King.

Total respect for the Queen but with the cost of living crisis - why can’t broadcast/magazines etc on the family’s wishes donate all monies coming in to food banks etc. Should good chariots and diamonds be thrusted in faces when some can’t afford to eat or heat!

Harry sold his family down the river for millions and Andrew likes little girls! Fergie loved sucking toes and Diana loved it!

I will have a tipple of red wine for those who help the vulnerable and not the Circus!

I thought that it was appalling the way that the Liverpool fans booed the National Anthem. I don’t know how fans reacted in the other Premier matches but I would imagine that if they had done the same, similar publicity would have been given to it. You don’t have to be a raving Royalist to show respect to our National Anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I thought that it was appalling the way that the Liverpool fans booed the National Anthem. I don’t know how fans reacted in the other Premier matches but I would imagine that if they had done the same, similar publicity would have been given to it. You don’t have to be a raving Royalist to show respect to our National Anthem.
    Awful that that is what they, the Liverpool fans did.

The problem is, today it is trendy to be anti Royalist. Like so many things of these times, people appear to to find fault with just about everything in life, just to appear trendy. Given the situation in the world today we should stand proud and together as a nation and celebrate the coronation and be grateful that we do not live in a authoritarian country like some do.

We have so many freedoms compared to, let’s state the obvious, Putin’s Russia.

As for believing everything written in newspapers and on line, well as the old saying goes, ‘never let the truth get in the way of a good story.’

I’ve got no issues with a monarchy but the timing of the event and how expensive and lavish it was just didn’t feel right.

I’d have loads of respect for the Royals if the event was minimal. Black cars instead of gold chariots, that sort of thing. They really need a popularity boost and that was their opportunity IMO.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)