+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it over yet?

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Spot on Supersub. It was a great national day.
    You are kidding, right Sir Outwood...

Attachment 24160

When will the Penny ever drop?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The nonsense excuses from the Metropolitan Police that they were acting on a "potential risk and policing proportionately" must be challenged, arbitrary arrests are the stuff of Putin & the CCP.
    There were hundreds of protesters there, I saw them with my own eyes, wearing yellow T shirts, some were interviewed live, certainly on Sky News anyway, so protests were quite rightly allowed. If the police suspect that certain individuals or organisations were planning to actively disrupt proceedings, and they certainly were, then they should take steps to prevent such disruptions. Law abiding citizens have the right to go about their daily lives without let or hindrance, lawfully organised events should be allowed to proceed without let or hindrance, and it is the duty of our police to ensure that they do. For once they carried out out their duties on behalf of the vast majority of law abiding citizens effectively, for which they deserve much credit and our thanks.

You are kidding, right Sir Outwood...

Attachment 24160

When will the Penny ever drop?
    Penny was never going to drop that BT and well you know it!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    There were hundreds of protesters there, I saw them with my own eyes, wearing yellow T shirts, some were interviewed live, certainly on Sky News anyway, so protests were quite rightly allowed. If the police suspect that certain individuals or organisations were planning to actively disrupt proceedings, and they certainly were, then they should take steps to prevent such disruptions. Law abiding citizens have the right to go about their daily lives without let or hindrance, lawfully organised events should be allowed to proceed without let or hindrance, and it is the duty of our police to ensure that they do. For once they carried out out their duties on behalf of the vast majority of law abiding citizens effectively, for which they deserve much credit and our thanks.
    Don't you ever dare moan to me ever again about enforced and draconian police measures to prosecute anti-Covid measures protesters.

Quite right sinkov. When you have the odious individual, who threw eggs at King Charles and was put under a restrictive order, doing his thing in London contrary to the restrictions placed on him and then doing interview saying that he was marched away by the police, who had to protect him from the Monarchists (his words) and then had to do exactly the same when they brought him back because people were baying for his blood ---perhaps the police did the right thing for his own safety, as I have already said. Personally, I would have just left him to his own devices and turned a blind eye to what may or may not happen. AFter all, we live in a democracy and all is fair in love and protests.

Don't you ever dare moan to me ever again about enforced and draconian police measures to prosecute anti-Covid measures protesters.
    I'm not aware that anti-covid protestors ever tried to block roads, obstruct ambulances, chain themselves to Grand National fences, plan to set off rape alarms in the vicinity of horses or attempt to disrupt events or inconvenience the general public in any way. Thus imo the actions the police took against them were on occasions excessive. The actions of the police yesterday were in the interests of publc safety and keeping the peace, they were entirely justified. In fact, it's such a trivial issue, police uphold the law shock, that I have no idea why the media are even bothering to cover it, or why it's being discussed on here.

Seems to me that it's the usual middle-class to$$ers throwing their toys out of the pram because, for once, the police did ther job and they didn't get to play their silly games.

I'm not aware that anti-covid protestors ever tried to block roads, obstruct ambulances, chain themselves to Grand National fences, plan to set off rape alarms in the vicinity of horses or attempt to disrupt events or inconvenience the general public in any way. Thus imo the actions the police took against them were on occasions excessive. The actions of the police yesterday were in the interests of publc safety and keeping the peace, they were entirely justified. In fact, it's such a trivial issue, police uphold the law shock, that I have no idea why the media are even bothering to cover it, or why it's being discussed on here.

Seems to me that it's the usual middle-class to$$ers throwing their toys out of the pram because, for once, the police did ther job and they didn't get to play their silly games.
    It's all over now. Until the next time.

You either get it or you don't army88.
    It's the IDEA of royalty that many of us find objectionable. That there are superior beings, superior by BIRTH to whom we must defer. To address a doctor as "Doctor" is ok because he/she has earned our respect, likewise professors etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tap in MN View Post
    It's the IDEA of royalty that many of us find objectionable. That there are superior beings, superior by BIRTH to whom we must defer. To address a doctor as "Doctor" is ok because he/she has earned our respect, likewise professors etc.
    Exactly, a lottery of birth shouldn't give some one unearned privileges and condemn someone else to poverty but it does unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    They didn't lock them up, they arrested them and took them out of circulation and this kept everyone safe, including the thousands of innocent, law-abiding citizens who just wished to be part of a celebration which others were hell bent on trying to spoil. Kept everyone safe, which is something the police are always being criticised for not doing.
    It makes no difference to me because I think that the majority of these people are just attention seekers and have nothing better to do with their lives. Sad individuals. If they think that strongly about anything they should be trying to get elected to serve as MPs.

I eagerly await the next episode of protesters gluing themselves to roads, climbing on bridges to stop traffic, chaining theimselves to the goalpostts at the Turf tomorrow to disrupt the final game and celebrations etc., etc. ---- I wonder what you would say then BT ------ after all they have a right to protest in our democracy and we wouldn't want a police state at the Turf ----would we?
    It's a pity that I am away at the moment because it owuld have been one way of attending the match along with a few of my dissruptive, service friends.
    If the protests is peaceful then surely it is the duty of the police to protect the protestors from those who would do them harm and not to stop the protest. Otherwise we have a dictatorship of the majority. Progress has been made because of malcontents. To dismiss the all as
    attention seekers is facile nonsense.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)