+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it over yet?

The police prevent a few dozen whack jobs from disrupting a national event being televised worldwide, and suddenly we're living in a police state ? You'll be telling us the Met is worse than the IDF next, get a grip you silly old bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The police prevent a few dozen whack jobs from disrupting a national event being televised worldwide, and suddenly we're living in a police state ? You'll be telling us the Met is worse than the IDF next, get a grip you silly old bugger.
    who were these "whack jobs" Sinkov.....what were they doing, or, what was imagined they would be doing, how many of those arrested were charged with an offence ?
    I see that 3 people carring rape alarms "in Soho in the early hours of Saturday morning" were held for 14hrs, word is that they were "volunteers for the City of Westminster’s Night Safety team, who were carrying the alarms in order to hand them out to women"

Councillor Aicha Less, cabinet member for communities and public protection at Westminster City Council, said: "We are deeply concerned by reports of our Night Stars volunteers being arrested overnight."

She added: "We are working with the Metropolitan Police to establish exactly what happened, and in the meantime, we are in touch with our volunteers to ensure they are receiving the support they need."

truth is....they just wanted to give the illusion to the viewing world that these pretenders were championed by all, and that is a lie, and they had/have Zero authority to conceal it.

An interesting Yougov questionnaire on this subject today, you will have seen it no doubt sinkov. About 60% of people across the board think the Metropolitan police got it badly wrong on Saturday. You cannot lock people up on "suspicion" unless we live in a Police state of course.

"Sir Mark Rowley reveals plot to disrupt Coronation. Fake stewards, rape alarms and paint were part of plans to target procession."

"Protesters posing as stewards planned to disrupt the Coronation by throwing bottles of white paint at the procession, Sir Mark Rowley has revealed. The Met Commissioner said his officers had worked around the clock to identify and arrest the criminal network that planned to attack the event and compromise the safety of those taking part.

He said just hours before the Coronation took place, police had received intelligence that people intended to vandalise monuments, throw paint at the procession and invade the route. If the disruption had not been stopped, Sir Mark said, it could have resulted in multiple serious injuries for those taking part in the mounted procession.

In a strongly worded defence of the Met’s handling of the historic event, Sir Mark said: “By Friday evening, only 12 hours from the Coronation, we had become extremely concerned by a rapidly developing intelligence picture suggesting the Coronation could suffer. “This included people intent on using rape alarms and loud hailers as part of their protest which would have caused distress to military horses."

“We also had intelligence that people intended to extensively vandalise monuments, throw paint at the procession, and incur on to the route.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...icing-arrests/

I am not the biggest fan of our police, but this looks like a job well done to me.
    Last edited by sinkov; 09-05-2023 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    An interesting Yougov questionnaire on this subject today, you will have seen it no doubt sinkov. About 60% of people across the board think the Metropolitan police got it badly wrong on Saturday. You cannot lock people up on "suspicion" unless we live in a Police state of course.
    I eagerly await the next knifing, people running riot amongst the general public in London and killing people, terrorist attack etc. etc. ad nauseam because you know who will get the blame because they did not stop people.
    The media will latch on, as usual, and say that the police knew this, that and the other, however, they did nothing. The answer is, that they did nothing because they are always accused of being part of a Police state.
    I just hope that none of you are in the vicinity when it happens because it can be quite frightening, particulalry when you lose friends because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    An interesting Yougov questionnaire on this subject today, you will have seen it no doubt sinkov.
    Can't find it mon ami, got a link ?

"Sir Mark Rowley reveals plot to disrupt Coronation. Fake stewards, rape alarms and paint were part of plans to target procession."
    "Protesters posing as stewards planned to disrupt the Coronation by throwing bottles of white paint at the procession, Sir Mark Rowley has revealed. The Met Commissioner said his officers had worked around the clock to identify and arrest the criminal network that planned to attack the event and compromise the safety of those taking part.
    He said just hours before the Coronation took place, police had received intelligence that people intended to vandalise monuments, throw paint at the procession and invade the route. If the disruption had not been stopped, Sir Mark said, it could have resulted in multiple serious injuries for those taking part in the mounted procession.
    In a strongly worded defence of the Met’s handling of the historic event, Sir Mark said: “By Friday evening, only 12 hours from the Coronation, we had become extremely concerned by a rapidly developing intelligence picture suggesting the Coronation could suffer. “This included people intent on using rape alarms and loud hailers as part of their protest which would have caused distress to military horses."

“We also had intelligence that people intended to extensively vandalise monuments, throw paint at the procession, and incur on to the route.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...icing-arrests/

I am not the biggest fan of our police, but this looks like a job well done to me.

What pitifully pathetic agitprop....but even if believed....c'mon, a concern that calls for a large police operation to weed out the dangerous paint lobbers, egg and loo roll chuckers, or naked hurdlers shouting "down with the monarchy" , is that all they had to worry about ?.....but I think the greater concern is the fact that folk are in agreement with this newspeak nonsense, and would rather follow the thinnest of rational than protect themselves, and others, from the overreaching arm of the state.
    As for the Horses, more hogwash, Irish draughts that dont blink at the cannon booms of a 24 gun salute....though a great shame for those Horses in the unGrand National of Greed. Hypocrites.

British history is a lot longer than 76yr.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    The police took 52 people out of circulation, they did not stop the hundreds of protesters from protesting. There was no additional trouble, therefore, the police ensured that there was public order and the public were protected. As usual, certain parts of the media have latched onto this non-event and are using it to pursue an agenda against the police.
    Facile nonsense or not, they are still attention seekers and will always get the attention they crave from certain media outlets.
    I've seen protesters throughout my 76 years and they have achieved bugger all, including all the anti-nuclear lot who campaigned for ever ---- I see that they were really successful because there is no longer any nuclear threat except for .....................
    Carry on Protesting ---great idea for a film.
    Do we still think " The divine right of kings" is a good idea? The people who struggled to expand the franchise just sought
    attention? The demands of the much maligned chartists were all met by 1918 except one. The suffragettes were force fed because they had nothing better to do that day? Even in your lifetime and mine there have been significant reforms. And by significant I mean they matter to large number of human beings. I refer to the changes in the laws concerning homo***uals. Reforms to the House of Lords is another that was long overdue. To get things changed you have to get your ideas noticed and in this sense you have to get attention. To lump together every attempt at reform as attention seeking IS facile nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I eagerly await the next knifing, people running riot amongst the general public in London and killing people, terrorist attack etc. etc. ad nauseam because you know who will get the blame because they did not stop people.
    The media will latch on, as usual, and say that the police knew this, that and the other, however, they did nothing. The answer is, that they did nothing because they are always accused of being part of a Police state.
    I just hope that none of you are in the vicinity when it happens because it can be quite frightening, particulalry when you lose friends because of it.
    The best way to control people is to frighten them. There is not one single shred of evidence to support the arbitrary arrest of 53 people who had already agreed with the Metropolitan Police about the means they would use for a peaceful protest...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...CMP=GTUK_email

Who is policing this set of s-e-xual predators?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65165279

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)