+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it over yet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I was more concerned to here the tune the Metropolitan Police were playing Supersub6. Arresting and detaining whoever they considered to be potential anti-monarchy protesters without trial or justifiable reason.
    The police acting in the interests of those protesting to keep them safe because you don't know what threats were made by some ofthose honest, decent people who just wished to celebrate the occasion.
    The protesters go in order to look for trouble, the police are there to keep order. They did so by keeping these protesters safe and away from danger. You know that, by their actions, many protesters have no respect for the law of the land, however, they still complain when they are being kept away from danger as was proved yesterday. Ask yourself, why was there no trouble? The answer is because the police foresaw possible danger and were proactive rather than waiting and having to be reactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    The police acting in the interests of those protesting to keep them safe because you don't know what threats were made by some ofthose honest, decent people who just wished to celebrate the occasion.
    The protesters go in order to look for trouble, the police are there to keep order. They did so by keeping these protesters safe and away from danger. You know that, by their actions, many protesters have no respect for the law of the land, however, they still complain when they are being kept away from danger as was proved yesterday. Ask yourself, why was there no trouble? The answer is because the police foresaw possible danger and were proactive rather than waiting and having to be reactive.
    The Police State has now taken over, you are now seriously suggesting the right to protest is over and we should be locked up to keep us safe. Seriously?

The Police State has now taken over, you are now seriously suggesting the right to protest is over and we should be locked up to keep us safe. Seriously?
    They didn't lock them up, they arrested them and took them out of circulation and this kept everyone safe, including the thousands of innocent, law-abiding citizens who just wished to be part of a celebration which others were hell bent on trying to spoil. Kept everyone safe, which is something the police are always being criticised for not doing.
    It makes no difference to me because I think that the majority of these people are just attention seekers and have nothing better to do with their lives. Sad individuals. If they think that strongly about anything they should be trying to get elected to serve as MPs.

I eagerly await the next episode of protesters gluing themselves to roads, climbing on bridges to stop traffic, chaining theimselves to the goalpostts at the Turf tomorrow to disrupt the final game and celebrations etc., etc. ---- I wonder what you would say then BT ------ after all they have a right to protest in our democracy and we wouldn't want a police state at the Turf ----would we?

It's a pity that I am away at the moment because it owuld have been one way of attending the match along with a few of my dissruptive, service friends.

The same happened at the Grand National.These retards are just out to spoil it for the general public.Loads of those arrested are what I'd call professional protesters who just turn up when required to do so and have nothing to do with what is going on. The police have my full support in giving them a phookin good kicking..

as much was said by Lord Sumption during the Scamdemic - BT.....when they ( so called Law enforcement) took it on themselves to arbitrarily and unlawfully arrest and detain etc..."we're living in a Police State "

and as for this clown show......they're a bunch of con artists who only because they're related to middle ranking Italian noblemen/military who joined up with with venetian bankers (money lenders) and worked/schemed together, to spread their seed around europe, conquering their rivals and robbing the loot of others through invasion, subjugation and exploitation....they who play the strong arm part, get a Crown put on their heads, and the serfs applaud their subjugation.
    .....they must be laughing their socks of, because it the same stinking bloodline cabal that chucks the people scraps, while they and the banker elite partners, pocket the lions share and plan our (Reset) ruination.

Evelyn de Rothschild.

Last edited by Norder; 07-05-2023 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    The same happened at the Grand National.These retards are just out to spoil it for the general public.Loads of those arrested are what I'd call professional protesters who just turn up when required to do so and have nothing to do with what is going on. The police have my full support in giving them a phookin good kicking..
    Sub has them weighed up Alfie, 'sad individuals'. You've got to be a sad individual to plot and scheme the disruption of the innocent enjoyment of hundreds of thousands of people, people who mean no harm to anyone, just enjoying a day out. Or possibly moron is a better description ?

Is it safe to resurface now?
    Apparently not, cracking Coronation Concert tonight, I knew nowt about it until Mrs s switched it on at 8pm.

My son-in-law brought the grandkids over for tea last night, he was gushing. He's ex-army and his last job was drilling new intakes at Pirbright. We began to argue about the value of the Royalty but the wife put a stop to that pronto.
    A value ?

It still baffles me why you hate the royals so much the history of our great country is the royals and people / public come from all over the world for a glimpse of them or the jewels / Tower of London , castles ( all these things telling a story and having a place in history )

All these things generate money for the country but aside from that - why do you need to get rid of them so much. ?

No one / country has what we have we are unique . Interesting and obviously loved watching the coronation and the hundreds of thousands attending - I really don’t get your negativity to the Royal family at all

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Good to see the police doing what we pay them for once.
    The nonsense excuses from the Metropolitan Police that they were acting on a "potential risk and policing proportionately" must be challenged, arbitrary arrests are the stuff of Putin & the CCP.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    A value ?

It still baffles me why you hate the royals so much the history of our great country is the royals and people / public come from all over the world for a glimpse of them or the jewels / Tower of London , castles ( all these things telling a story and having a place in history )

All these things generate money for the country but aside from that - why do you need to get rid of them so much. ?

No one / country has what we have we are unique . Interesting and obviously loved watching the coronation and the hundreds of thousands attending - I really don’t get your negativity to the Royal family at all
    You either get it or you don't army88.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)