+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Is it over yet?

Come on supersub, did you really expect something different!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    There's about ten running negative-ish results, here's a typical one....

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics.../04/13/b7aff/1

I'll get the results of yesterday's tomorrow and post it then if I can remember.
    No problem with that, if they'd have asked me I'd have been in the 'Not very much' category, but it's a million miles from there to abolishing the monarchy.

My favourite one yet from the eejit who is now running the Met...

[B][I][COLOR="#FF0000"]

They stand behind gun carriages doing 24 gun salutes FFS! BOOM!
    You do talk daft sometimes mon ami, not the Grauniad feeding you misinformation again is it ? Here are some photos of gun salutes, not a horse in sight, for obvious fecking reasons.

https://www.army.mod.uk/news-and-eve...-need-to-know/

I know they're called The King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery and they sometimes use Horse Guards Parade, is that what's fooling you ? If so, don't be fooled, use your fecking loaf.

I watched a programme about Charlie's life on IPlayer tonight, using a lot of the families home movies footage. I enjoyed it, but what I did notice was some newsreel footage from his Investiture as Prince of Wales in 1969, there were shots of Welsh Nationalist protestors being bundled into the back of police vans. Hard evidence of our descent into a Police State you'd think, except that was all of 54 years ago and we're not there yet.

Last Saturday the Police were doing no more than what they're supposed to do, and what they've always done.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose..................... as the cheese-eating surrender monkeys say.
    Last edited by sinkov; 10-05-2023 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You do talk daft sometimes mon ami, not the Grauniad feeding you misinformation again is it ? Here are some photos of gun salutes, not a horse in sight, for obvious fecking reasons.

https://www.army.mod.uk/news-and-eve...-need-to-know/

I know they're called The King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery and they sometimes use Horse Guards Parade, is that what's fooling you ? If so, don't be fooled, use your fecking loaf.
    It's as daft as the claim that a can of white paint and the sound of a rape alarm is reason enough to arbitrarily detain 63 people and frighten the military horses sinkov.

BT, you really do need to get up to speed as far as horses are concerned.
    For any big parades in London involving many aspects of the military, such as Lord Mountbatten's Funeral, Royal Weddings, some State Visits etc. the rehearsal was always carried out in the early hours of the morning, sometimes more than once. The reasons, obviously one was so that traffic in the city would not be affected and life could carry on as normal, however, amongst the other reasons was that the horses being used, some for the first time, had to get used to the noise of the bands performing in areas which meant that the noise was one and a half times that of a jet engine. Some of the horses involved were unnerved by this and became difficult to control ---fine when there is only the military involved, however, put the horses in the environment with hundreds/thousands of people in attendance and just one could cause a lot of damage.
    You also have to bear in mind that the horses were always the first consideration, certainly way ahead of the service people taking part.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT, you really do need to get up to speed as far as horses are concerned.
    For any big parades in London involving many aspects of the military, such as Lord Mountbatten's Funeral, Royal Weddings, some State Visits etc. the rehearsal was always carried out in the early hours of the morning, sometimes more than once. The reasons, obviously one was so that traffic in the city would not be affected and life could carry on as normal, however, amongst the other reasons was that the horses being used, some for the first time, had to get used to the noise of the bands performing in areas which meant that the noise was one and a half times that of a jet engine. Some of the horses involved were unnerved by this and became difficult to control ---fine when there is only the military involved, however, put the horses in the environment with hundreds/thousands of people in attendance and just one could cause a lot of damage.
    You also have to bear in mind that the horses were always the first consideration, certainly way ahead of the service people taking part.
    You have to despair sometims Sub don't you, should anything we're saying really need to be said ? I would have thought it common knowledge that one ton of horse meat, however well trained, can still be a dangerous unpredictable beast. The malcontents are well aware of this, which is why they target police horses with fire-crackers and rape alarms.

I know the thoroughbred is a more fragile beast, one I part owned was described by the girl looking after him as being frightened of his own shadow. She said the hardest part of her job was stopping the horses injuring themselves, or injuring her. One of the horses on Saturday backed into the crowd and injured a policewoman, all without any provocation from the malcontents. Most people are wary of horses, they know the front-end bites and the back end kicks, and that's without a 24 gun salute going off in the near vicinity.

Next time I go on a stable visit I'll invite BT along, he might learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Just for BT and friends.
    Attachment 24199
    Interesting that he now regards his former "bit on the side" to be "Her Majesty the Queen". He's kidding right?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    A magnificent spectacle, enjoyed by millions, what a sad and sorry state this country will be in if the malcontents ever get their way and these sort of days are consigned to history. But I suspect we are a long way off that day yet.
    A pity this Royal fan was just collateral damage...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...55925b06&ei=36

Totally f*cking disgusting.

A pity this Royal fan was just collateral damage...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...55925b06&ei=36

Totally f*cking disgusting.

abusers....they enjoy abusing, but when they get called on it, play the victim card.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)