+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bambi

Not to miss from 3 yards out doesn't really require that many tactics.

I have nightmares that miss 4 yards out with no defender or keeper in front of him will see us relegated

Looking more and more so

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I have nightmares that miss 4 yards out with no defender or keeper in front of him will see us relegated

Looking more and more so
    When it really counts and it really matters too often Bambi doesn’t perform - season 1 for us he had so many mares and didn’t seem to run with purpose.

Maybe Bielsa over clocked him and could get a tune out of him no one else can - he has just reverted to his mean - an average and now vastly overpaid striker.

Big Sam is a big believer in Veterans. Afraid he’ll leave bampuff the rest of way. No chance for Perkins or rutter

Patrick certainly hasn’t been putting them away for fun, but the key to scoring is usually more about getting enough gilt-edged chances and we’ve not been particularly great at delivering quality balls into dangerous areas, Harrison aside?

Build it and they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Patrick certainly hasn’t been putting them away for fun, but the key to scoring is usually more about getting enough gilt-edged chances and we’ve not been particularly great at delivering quality balls into dangerous areas, Harrison aside?

He's had plenty of golden opportunities, even in this general overall underperforming campaign, he's never been prolific, had one or two good seasons but should have had many more goals in them, the amount of games we should have killed off early...

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post

Precisely.

Posts #23 & #24 are typical of the intention to crucify particular players. We had the same with Harrison just before and after the WC, we've had the same with Ayling and more recently Meslier. all are worthy of criticism (and before anyone starts, I've said many times that Bamford isn't doing it for us), but no single player will see us relegated.

Fact is, EVERY player, without exception, could and should have been performing better, but with the introduction of a group of inexperienced, unfit, and naive players as a nod in the direction of Marsch and the 49-ers, it was never going to be easy.

It's kind of motherhood and apple pie to say it, but if any player or group of players don't perform, then the manager/coach can and should do something about it, and for just about the whole of this season they (Marsch and Gracia) have metaphorically sat on their hands and done sweet f00k all to address the failings/shortcomings that have been referred to many times by many of those who post there and elsewhere.

You win as a team, and you lose as a team.

I know all teams look back and say "if this had gone in etc" but defining moments for me were the penalty miss by Bamford against arsenal (1 point dropped) the horrific goal conceded by meslier at Everton (1 point dropped, Everton gained 2), and 5he miss by Bamford against Leicester (2 points dropped, Leicester gained 1) put that into the table and we look a lot healthier, not much but healthier.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    I know all teams look back and say "if this had gone in etc" but defining moments for me were the penalty miss by Bamford against arsenal (1 point dropped) the horrific goal conceded by meslier at Everton (1 point dropped, Everton gained 2), and 5he miss by Bamford against Leicester (2 points dropped, Leicester gained 1) put that into the table and we look a lot healthier, not much but healthier.
    He also cost us a potential point v Fulham where he took the wrong option on the break and could have put Sinnisterra away.

As to WTF comments - but rich given your propensity at times to slag off posters, the club or players.

Support all of our players but just don’t think Bamford is good enough and never been completely convinced - a lot of evidence to support my view but only my view.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    He also cost us a potential point v Fulham where he took the wrong option on the break and could have put Sinnisterra away.

As to WTF comments - but rich given your propensity at times to slag off posters, the club or players.

Support all of our players but just don’t think Bamford is good enough and never been completely convinced - a lot of evidence to support my view but only my view.
    I think you will find it coincides with the view of a lot of other people (basically, anyone with eyes in their heads).

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)