+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bambi

Bambi

Surely he has to be in the subs bench from now on - dreadful performance yesterday. Poor first touch, no pace and didn’t press hard

Agree

He was shocking yesterday and offered virtually feck all albeit against one of the best sides in Europe.

Contrast rodrigo to bampuff. He came out with drive. He has to start

Love to see Perkins given a run

Having said he is fairly "average" for a number of years now, imagine my surprise when it finally dawns on people that he is is fact ....... average (and that's probably being kind).

He is slow, has a poor first touch, is only one footed, cannot head the ball, cannot tackle, is invariably injured, goes down like a Columbian prostitute at a stag party, cannot pass and couldn't finish his breakfast from 5 yards out. Apart from that, he's well worth the huge amounts of money that he's paid.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    Having said he is fairly "average" for a number of years now, imagine my surprise when it finally dawns on people that he is is fact ....... average (and that's probably being kind).

He is slow, has a poor first touch, is only one footed, cannot head the ball, cannot tackle, is invariably injured, goes down like a Columbian prostitute at a stag party, cannot pass and couldn't finish his breakfast from 5 yards out. Apart from that, he's well worth the huge amounts of money that he's paid.
    "A number of years"? He came to LUFC in 2018 (thanks to HO for pointing out my error on that), so he has been with us for (nearly) 5 seasons. Out of those five, as I've acknowledged on many occasions, for the last 2 and a half he's been actually less than average, and injured far too often (for his liking as much as the fans I suspect). For the first 2 and a half season, had it not been for the goals he scored, we would still be in the Championship, especially when the club for reasons I still don't understand decided to sell Roofe, who was the only other acknowledged striker we had at the time.

Others have suggested that quoting statistics is misleading. Not sure how that is, the guy scored on average every other game in those early days when no other player at LUFC came close to doing so.

And btw, "cannot head the ball"? Were you watching the games against Palace & Bournemouth? Better job made of it that Gnonto or Mackennie in subsequent games.

Is he worth what he's paid at the moment? No.

Is he worth what LUFC will have paid out by the time he no longer plays for us (under whatever circumstances)?

I suppose the answer to that depends on whether the muppets in charge manage to do something (maybe the recruiting of Big Sam) to retain our PL place, and then invest in making sure we don't go through the current sh1tstorm next season and beyond. Not much point getting to the PL if you can't stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post

Lol. 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "A number of years"? He came to LUFC in 2018 (thanks to HO for pointing out my error on that), so he has been with us for (nearly) 5 seasons. Out of those five, as I've acknowledged on many occasions, for the last 2 and a half he's been actually less than average, and injured far too often (for his liking as much as the fans I suspect). For the first 2 and a half season, had it not been for the goals he scored, we would still be in the Championship, especially when the club for reasons I still don't understand decided to sell Roofe, who was the only other acknowledged striker we had at the time.

Others have suggested that quoting statistics is misleading. Not sure how that is, the guy scored on average every other game in those early days when no other player at LUFC came close to doing so.

And btw, "cannot head the ball"? Were you watching the games against Palace & Bournemouth? Better job made of it that Gnonto or Mackennie in subsequent games.

Is he worth what he's paid at the moment? No.

Is he worth what LUFC will have paid out by the time he no longer plays for us (under whatever circumstances)?

I suppose the answer to that depends on whether the muppets in charge manage to do something (maybe the recruiting of Big Sam) to retain our PL place, and then invest in making sure we don't go through the current sh1tstorm next season and beyond. Not much point getting to the PL if you can't stay there.
    Yo Ted. Whilst I generally agree with most of your rantings, Bamford is not and never will be the answer. He did well in fits and starts, but reliability.........nearly zero. With an odd exception, he can't head the ball and produce goals. He has a napper like a 50p piece.

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    Yo Ted. Whilst I generally agree with most of your rantings, Bamford is not and never will be the answer. He did well in fits and starts, but reliability.........nearly zero. With an odd exception, he can't head the ball and produce goals. He has a napper like a 50p piece.
    Don't know what the "ted" reference relates to, but as to a "rant", since when has pointing out some recent historical facts, been a rant?

I got well and truly pasted by just about everyone when I voiced an opinion, about a number of appointments , including our dear departed DoF, because according to those who differed from that opinion, my observations weren't based on facts. So, I take the trouble now to make sure that any of my opinions can be supported by said facts.

I said in post #6 on this thread that Bamford isn't worth what he is paid, now. Is that suggesting he is "the answer" (to anything)? No, it isn't.

All I am saying, and all I ever have said in recent posts regarding Bamford, is that he deserves a sight more credit for what he has contributed than the majority of "supporters" seem willing to give him, and most significant amongst the contributions are the goals that gained us promotion, and kept us in the PL in the first season after promotion, not "fits and starts", two entire seasons, (and if you don't believe me, look up the statistics, they don't lie!).

And right now, with the squad we have, just please tell me who exactly is so much better, because it certainly isn't Rutter (£35m), Rodrigo (£27m) Sinisterra (£21m), Aaronson (24.7m), and they (collectively) have contributed exactly what?

Bamford is a busted flush, and probably won't play for us at all next season, but to read what is being said about him here and elsewhere you would think he never made a difference to LUFC, less so even than another "Barndoor" (Mr Paynter), but he did, as important a difference as any player in the last two decades.
    Last edited by WTF11; 07-05-2023 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Don't know what the "ted" reference relates to, but as to a "rant", since when has pointing out some recent historical facts, been a rant?

I got well and truly pasted by just about everyone when I voiced an opinion, about a number of appointments , including our dear departed DoF, because according to those who differed from that opinion, my observations weren't based on facts. So, I take the trouble now to make sure that any of my opinions can be supported by said facts.

I said in post #6 on this thread that Bamford isn't worth what he is paid, now. Is that suggesting he is "the answer" (to anything)? No, it isn't.

All I am saying, and all I ever have said in recent posts regarding Bamford, is that he deserves a sight more credit for what he has contributed than the majority of "supporters" seem willing to give him, and most significant amongst the contributions are the goals that gained us promotion, and kept us in the PL in the first season after promotion, not "fits and starts", two entire seasons, (and if you don't believe me, look up the statistics, they don't lie!).

And right now, with the squad we have, just please tell me who exactly is so much better, because it certainly isn't Rutter (£35m), Rodrigo (£27m) Sinisterra (£21m), Aaronson (24.7m), and they (collectively) have contributed exactly what?

Bamford is a busted flush, and probably won't play for us at all next season, but to read what is being said about him here and elsewhere you would think he never made a difference to LUFC, less so even than another "Barndoor" (Mr Paynter), but he did, as important a difference as any player in the last two decades.
    You read too much into things. I generally call everyone Ted over here. Sorry.

Rant = another word for assertive personal opinion. 🤣

Relax ffs.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)