+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 clean cheet in 16 games

I agree we need a new defensive mid… though that then brings up the question of who gets replaced in midfield to bring them in.

For me… it’s Longstaff, and then you fall foul of the ‘One of our own’ brigade… which I do understand, but I’m not gonna take Joelinton out and I’m certainly not going to take Bruno out… because bringing in better class of defensive mid allows Bruno to mainly focus on going forward while still keeping his defensive abilities when we don’t have possession.

To be fair, we rarely concede more than 1 and just as rarely fail to score. So 1 clean shest in 16 is a stat dragged up, which is still part of the best defence in the country over a season worth of games...

Or 3rd best team in the Premier league.

Stats can go both ways .

Personally losing to arsenal does not mean we have a problem, any lore than losing to Liverpool, man utd and man city did.

A season where THIS SQUAD was expected to challenge for 8th, is now looking like a worst case scenario of 5th (and a cup final)

"We don't demand a team that wins, we demand a club that tries"

The next transfer window, is the next opportunity for progress, theamagement, coaching and scouting team, know exactly what we need.

Right now we need one last push to male sure we do not finish 5th.
    Keep the faith

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    To be fair, we rarely concede more than 1 and just as rarely fail to score. So 1 clean shest in 16 is a stat dragged up, which is still part of the best defence in the country over a season worth of games...

Or 3rd best team in the Premier league.

Stats can go both ways .

Personally losing to arsenal does not mean we have a problem, any lore than losing to Liverpool, man utd and man city did.

A season where THIS SQUAD was expected to challenge for 8th, is now looking like a worst case scenario of 5th (and a cup final)

"We don't demand a team that wins, we demand a club that tries"

The next transfer window, is the next opportunity for progress, theamagement, coaching and scouting team, know exactly what we need.

Right now we need one last push to male sure we do not finish 5th.
    Keep the faith
    We don’t want the Europa League, that could really screw us up,unless we have a big and good enough squad to cope. Of course,qualifying for Europe and a cup final ain’t a bad season,but we need champions league firstly.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    3-1, 4-1, 6-1 - aye, shocking we got no clean sheets there. Pope was brilliant today with his saves and I remember only one wobble playing out. He was unsighted for the first goal.
    We were beaten by a better team today and I was well impressed with their defending - we couldn’t find a way through.
    We were on the front foot all game and put in maximum effort so no complaints from me.
    We are playing teams which are about 30 transfer windows’ dealing ahead of us - bit of patience required.
    Obviously this. Pope is part of what has been and is brilliant, and goalkeepers also have dips in form.

Who cares about a clean sheet if we’re winning? It’s an extra bonus, but it doesn’t matter one bit to me if as long as we get threw points.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    We don’t want the Europa League, that could really screw us up,unless we have a big and good enough squad to cope. Of course,qualifying for Europe and a cup final ain’t a bad season,but we need champions league firstly.
    I'm not sure Spurs, Brighton and Villa would agree with you.

I'm not sure anybody from the toon pre season would agree either.

Obviously it would be slightly disappointing from 3rd... but no way would Europa.league qualification be a bad thing.

I'm not sure Spurs, Brighton and Villa would agree with you.

I'm not sure anybody from the toon pre season would agree either.

Obviously it would be slightly disappointing from 3rd... but no way would Europa.league qualification be a bad thing.
    It’s my personal opinion, not bothered what Spurs,Villa and Brighton might think. They haven’t been in the top 4 most of the season, if they had been, they too would be disappointed with the Europa League I suspect. But hey ho.

Seriously? Disappointed if we finish 5th?
    For what it's worth, I don't think we will, I think we will come 3rd.

But at 51 yrs old and 40 odd yrs a toon fan, we have only finished higher than 5th 5 times in my life (2 x 2nd, 2x3rd, 1x4th) all under the same 2 managers King kev and Sir Bobby.

Our progress has been phenomenal and none of us have anything at all to complain about or be disappointed in.

Seriously? Disappointed if we finish 5th?
    For what it's worth, I don't think we will, I think we will come 3rd.

But at 51 yrs old and 40 odd yrs a toon fan, we have only finished higher than 5th 5 times in my life (2 x 2nd, 2x3rd, 1x4th) all under the same 2 managers King kev and Sir Bobby.

Our progress has been phenomenal and none of us have anything at all to complain about or be disappointed in.
    And just to add to the wise words above; trust the process. If we aren’t playing Champions League next season, we will be doing so in a few years time. We all know our owners, their ambitions and that they are as keen as us. Enjoy the ride, man!

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    And just to add to the wise words above; trust the process. If we aren’t playing Champions League next season, we will be doing so in a few years time. We all know our owners, their ambitions and that they are as keen as us. Enjoy the ride, man!
    Agree with the above, we have made phenomenal progress under the new ownership and Eddie's coaching. Would love to see us in the Champions League next season, but if those scouser @rseholes STEAL our place, I won't lose sleep. The only person doing number twos regularly in his pants is Jurgen bloody Klopp. He's sh!t scared of us, as he knows we will be a juggernaut very, very soon.

Enjoy it while you can Klopp, you filthy fraud

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)