+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Aberdeen v Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Just finally caught up with the highlights (didn't rush to watch again after seeing it first hand on Saturday), the only thing I would add to all that has already been said is that I am truly amazed that Walsh didn't take the opportunity to red card Coulson for the penalty as it looked like his elbow got in the way of the shot being on target and he deflected it onto the post. It's about the only decision he missed giving against us on Saturday.
    You are factually correct on all counts ... but .... Someone with a knowledge of human physiology and the dynamics of physical momentum in sport needs to be in on that panel when discussing rules regarding 'unnatural' positioning 'follow through' etc.

When you jump, run, change direction, your arms naturally and spontaneously 'counterbalance'.

Watch a 100/200/400 yard sprint .. and ask, would you demand runners keep their arms strictly by their sides?

In a boxing match, all the legal action is above the belt and expressed via fists .... would anyone in their right mind change the rules regarding how boxers use their legs/feet?

How about fkn non-contact rugby?

A rethink is def required ... otherwise we're doomed to shift our interests towards fkn golf, snooker, netball, bowls and chess!

Just watched the highlights and have to say I don't think the Hibee boy should have been sent off for the high boot which hit Scales.
    I didn't think so on Saturday and the replay makes me even more certain.

As for the penalty, clearly hit Coulson on the arm, but no way was it intentional and never a pen.

Their boy Youan looks a player though and when you see all their chances, it was certainly a point gained.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    As for the penalty, clearly hit Coulson on the arm, but no way was it intentional and never a pen.

I think skiffed is the word, and such a slight skiff that I doubt even Coulson was aware of it.

Certainly no claims from the Hibs lads.

You can't give that as a penalty, there's nothing left of the game I have loved all my life.

Had it not skiffed his arm it was in the back of the net that swung it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567