+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So How Many?

So How Many?

Have told my lads that there could be 60, 000 but obviously this could be wildly optimistic....

What do you reckon?

I'm guessing 45,000. Chesterfield took about 20,000 to Wembley in 2012 in the tin-pot trophy, so I'd expect about the same amount this time (I don't think they've been in a NL playoff final before, so this is breaking new ground for them). I'd hope we'd be able to take up to 25,000, but it may end up being less given that we probably took less than 20,000 to the old Wembley in 1990.

Great question, and was wondering the same. Was listening to the Chesterfield v Bromley game on Radio Sheffield yesterday, and on final whistle their commentators were saying 70K-80K. Think they were slightly carried away with the occasion though and not as level headed as our commentary team remained

Seriously though we could take 30K (think we took about that for Bradford play-off when we were attempting a return to the top flight) but considering our home attendances are much higher than that season and given the quality of football we have been playing, I'd like to think we could mirror that. Surely anyone who made the effort to go then would do the same - you would think.

6 days notice and a train strike won’t help numbers, but you’d like to think both clubs could make 20,000.

The Bradford play off was League 1 so we wern't trying to get back into the top flight

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBoots View Post
    Great question, and was wondering the same. Was listening to the Chesterfield v Bromley game on Radio Sheffield yesterday, and on final whistle their commentators were saying 70K-80K. Think they were slightly carried away with the occasion though and not as level headed as our commentary team remained

Seriously though we could take 30K (think we took about that for Bradford play-off when we were attempting a return to the top flight) but considering our home attendances are much higher than that season and given the quality of football we have been playing, I'd like to think we could mirror that. Surely anyone who made the effort to go then would do the same - you would think.
    I seem to recall us taking a pitiful amount in the Bradford playoff final in 1996 to go back up to "Division 2" - heavily outnumbered by Bradford fans and I'd be amazed if we had 15,000 there that day (it was during the abominable Murphy-Thompson era). Not expecting a similar situation on Saturday, but it might be quite even.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I seem to recall us taking a pitiful amount in the Bradford playoff final in 1996 to go back up to "Division 2" - heavily outnumbered by Bradford fans and I'd be amazed if we had 15,000 there that day (it was during the abominable Murphy-Thompson era). Not expecting a similar situation on Saturday, but it might be quite even.
    I think we took around 11-12k that day as the football became worse as the season went on, we stumbled into the playoffs and somehow beat Crewe but we’re battered really in the final and showed nothing.

On the subject of how many, I think both clubs will take anything between 18-25K. I think we would take more but for the short turnaround.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietastic View Post
    Have told my lads that there could be 60, 000 but obviously this could be wildly optimistic....

What do you reckon?
    Let's not forget we won't be bolstered by the fousands and fousands and fousands of Forest fans this time.

Attendance will be 46375

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    The Bradford play off was League 1 so we wern't trying to get back into the top flight
    Cause it was. Me bad. Closest season we got to getting in those playoffs was crushed by that back header from Dykstra. How could I have forgot that !

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast