+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Credit where Credit Due

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I’m not referring to this season in that last post of mine, I was referring to the options, or lack of, that Carlos will have for next season and that is most certainly down to the Chinese runt.

But if you were Lai would you want to invest more before recouping the 40 million from Grant - Grady and Dike! You would be lucky to get 10 million now for these three players? What about long contracted players who are absolutely garbage like Reach? Lai was not responsible for s hite like Albrighton or Chalobah! Why did Blues and Sunderland manage to get energetic loan players who are quality?

Why have Sunderland’s kids been fantastic yet ours rarely get a look in? Is that Lai’s fault?

No doubt Phillips and Bartley will come back next season and play half of it before getting injured again!!

Gourlay needs to get off his fat a rse and develop a Brentford model or Sunderland with talented young kids with quality! TGH has been in and out more times so the kid must be dizzy!

Take Wallace or Swift - sky high wages and can anyone say they are top 3 championship players who consistently perform? Not in my book!

I hate Lai but get why he won’t invest! The issue is the HR structure in place at the club! Gourlay should have gone for hiring Bruce! Who sanctioned the moves for Chalobah and Albrighton - Gourlay or Carlos? Well whoever it was needs to look in the mirror!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Can’t keep blaming Lai Ketts! Look at what we have spent in the last few years to say Sunderland and Coventry! Look at our player salaries compared with these teams! We wasted 40 million alone on Grady - Grant and Dike which is probably half of the clubs now worth!

Lai didn’t sign dud players or offer lengthy contracts for garbage! Lai didn’t choose Albrighton or Chaiabah who are both crap!
    God you're embarrassing.

Your football knowlegde is like a really sh1t Ted Lasso and your deflections per argument are well, again, embarrassing.

Thought you might be there as you go to most games but hey, your keyboard synopsis was as useless as usual.

So, who is it to blame this week?

Sunderland's kids.

OK.

Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Every individual has different expectations! A good team consistently gets three points by taking their chances. Sadly in life - losers get nothing!

If I was Corberon - I would be studying the formula of Luton, Coventry and Sunderland whose players will be on a fraction of most of ours!
    You can’t forget Al, Corberan has achieved miracle performances before getting that Huddersfield side to 3rd and they were robbed in the playoffs. No money just the right types of players and great management.

I’m looking forward to seeing what he can achieve with a few ins and outs. A couple of good loans next season and I think we’ll be competing.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    You can’t forget Al, Corberan has achieved miracle performances before getting that Huddersfield side to 3rd and they were robbed in the playoffs. No money just the right types of players and great management.

I’m looking forward to seeing what he can achieve with a few ins and outs. A couple of good loans next season and I think we’ll be competing.

Totally agree Matt. I get Boingys point too - you have to judge over when he’s been there!

CC looked almighty peed off after Swansea and think he’s ruthless! He needs to be to get rid of the dead wood. Money does not buy success but we need to integrate youngsters more. Look at that Sunderland kid from Man U who is brilliant and sickening we ended up with Albrighton and Chalobah who were both crap! There’s talent out there but we just seem to attract high wage earners who are average and slow!

I hope things change! Grant needs to be gone as have zero faith in him! Furlong and Townsend too are not good enough and we desperately need a goal scorer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)