+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained lists and released players

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Retained lists and released players

Morecambe
    Retain: Donald Love, Max Melbourne, Farrend Rawson, Jake Taylor, Jacob Bedeau, Adam Mayor
    Release: Connor Ripley, Liam Gibson, Ryan Delaney, Dan Crowley, Cole Stockton, Ash Hunter, Adam Smith, Andre Da Silva Mendes, Arthur Gnahoua, Oumar Niasse, Jon Obika, Ryan Cooney, Pape Souare and Courtney Duffus.

Stockton has had a poor season but would he had been any better than our forwards this season? I doubt it. Obika was tremendous as a young player and one I really rated.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Morecambe
    Retain: Donald Love, Max Melbourne, Farrend Rawson, Jake Taylor, Jacob Bedeau, Adam Mayor
    Release: Connor Ripley, Liam Gibson, Ryan Delaney, Dan Crowley, Cole Stockton, Ash Hunter, Adam Smith, Andre Da Silva Mendes, Arthur Gnahoua, Oumar Niasse, Jon Obika, Ryan Cooney, Pape Souare and Courtney Duffus.

Stockton has had a poor season but would he had been any better than our forwards this season? I doubt it. Obika was tremendous as a young player and one I really rated.
    Oumar Niasse remember him at Everton not that long ago now getting released by Morecambe, has there ever been such a dramatic fall from grace? Dele Alli spring to mind

May be after relegation some of those players wanted to leave, plus the club might be trying to reduce the wage bill given they have struggled to pay players wages on time.

Jonathan Chiedozie Obika

I believe Morecambe have financial difficulties so it may be due to that.
    They might not be able to afford Stockton any more

Not hanging about are they, probably trying to claw some money back

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Not hanging about are they, probably trying to claw some money back
    So would have Kelly given game time.

Stockton would score more goals than Eaves and Hughill combined for us this season !

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Stockton would score more goals than Eaves and Hughill combined for us this season !
    Probably not if we don’t give him the ball

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Morecambe

Not sure I agree totally that Stockton had a bad season,I think there was a few issues in the background and at one time he wasnt even getting picked or putting himself forward for selection after January.think in the red it turned into a bit of a ladapo situation.Stockton when he did finally play scored some crucial and brilliant goals.they would have probably stayed up he hadn’t had the issues/fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Not sure I agree totally that Stockton had a bad season,I think there was a few issues in the background and at one time he wasnt even getting picked or putting himself forward for selection after January.think in the red it turned into a bit of a ladapo situation.Stockton when he did finally play scored some crucial and brilliant goals.they would have probably stayed up he hadn’t had the issues/fall out.
    That’s true but personally I wouldn’t want us to sign him

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast