+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restrictions lifted!!

Restrictions lifted!!

According to Radio Derby Sportscene the restrictions have been lifted. Transfers are back on.

Not sure if that's a good thing as 99.999% of fans will now believe we're destined to be Champions next season...

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    According to Radio Derby Sportscene the restrictions have been lifted. Transfers are back on.

Not sure if that's a good thing as 99.999% of fans will now believe we're destined to be Champions next season...

I haven't heard that not being in radio Derby area, but certainly that was the info I was getting. I'd hope fans realise which league we are in and that relatively speaking we may well be able to offer a bit more than other clubs and certainly better wages. But also as this season has shown, you don't necessarily ave to pay transfer fees to land quality players, it does give room to manoeuvre where a specific position such as striker needs to be filled.

There is still a business plan in effect it seems so we have to keep within our means.

Praise the lord!!! The rebuild starts now then!

Champions League by 2027....Messi may be available for next season....Bring in Graham Potter as assistant to Paul Warne, or maybe Pocchetino

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    There is still a business plan in effect it seems so we have to keep within our means.
    Keeping ‘within our means’ is what we should be doing anyway so yes...this is excellent news and should allow Warne to get on with what he’s been brought here to do.
    Expectations have, if anything, just risen, but they have to be tempered by reality and next season’s L1 will be just as tough to escape from as this season’s. Like to see Warne emulating Arthur Cox in the ‘80’s, before he got ‘seduced’ by Lionel’s money...not ‘big’ names but the right names to build a strong squad. I’m sure David Clowes recognises that.

Fozzy renewed 1 year, Knight option activated Curtis to leave at end of contract

The approach has to be sensible, sensible, sensible, boring I know but lets make sure this rebuild has good solid foundations! We still don't know for sure if Warne is 'the man' so Mr Clowes needs to see sound logic behind every brick that's laid and I'm sure he will. Great news but can we please get it right this time!
    Anyway I like L1......we win some games and that had become a rarity!

Thus far, pretty much as I expected. The 3 elder statesmen gone. In talks with McGoldrick and Loach. Not impossible that Roberts will return on a permanent deal. McGee is also out of contract at FGR so he would be on a free as well. However, he might be holding out for a 1st choice gig elsewhere if he doesn't fancy another spell as #2.

Of the others at all ages, I don't know enough about most of them. The 2 surprises, for me, are the two Harrison's, Foulkes and Solomon. I rated both as ones to watch..... the curse strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Fozzy renewed 1 year, Knight option activated Curtis to leave at end of contract
    All sensible, imo. Fozzy deserves another season, Knight too, although with something still to prove perhaps. Sad that Curtis’ career at Derby ended the way it did. It was very harsh and he deserved so much better. Good luck to him. Suspect a media career beckons...he’s articulate, personable and after 600 odd games (more for us than anyone else) knows what he’s talking about.
    This time last year he’d played every minute of the campaign. Not so this season and probably time to call it a day, but hope he does really well in the future...if not in the media then I’m certain he’ll make a fine manager/coach.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)