+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The retained list

The retained list

The club can also confirm that the option on Jason Knight’s contract has been activated, while David McGoldrick and Scott Loach remain in discussions with the club in relation to their contracts ahead of their expiry at the end of June.

First-team players under contract

Joe Wildsmith, Craig Forsyth, Conor Hourihane, Eiran Cashin, Tom Barkhuizen, Max Bird, James Collins, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Korey Smith, Liam Thompson, Louie Sibley, Kwaku Oduroh, Jake Rooney, Jason Knight.

First-team players out of contract and not offered new terms

James Chester, Richard Stearman, Curtis Davies.

First-team players out of contract and in discussion about their future

David McGoldrick, Scott Loach.

First-team player under contract at the end of loan away from the club

Krystian Bielik.

First-team players at the end of loans with the club

Haydon Roberts, Lewis Dobbin, Harvey White, Tony Springett, Luke McGee.

Under-21 players out of contract and not offered new terms

Harrison Foulkes, Alfie Roberts, Rhys Brailsford, Harrison Solomon, Will Grewal-Pollard, Demico Burton, Osazee Aghatise, Connor Dixon, Cian Kelly-Caprani, Olamide Ibrahim, Sonny Blu Lo-Everton, Bartosz Cybulski.

Under-21 players under contract

Harry Evans, Max Bardell, Darren Robinson, George Nunn, Owen Oseni.

Under-21 player out of contract and offered new terms

Jack Bates.

Under-21 players at end of loans with the club

Kido Taylor-Hart, Billy Vigar.

Under-18 players coming to end of scholarship and not offered new terms

Nelson Aideyan, Zion Dixon, Sam Sebagabo, Cameron Ashia.

Under-18 player coming to end of scholarship and stepping up to Under-21 squad

Adebayo Fapetu.

Under-18 players coming to end of scholarship and offered new terms

Carlos Richards, Riley Moloney, Callum Moore.

Under-18 players beginning second year of scholarship in 2023/24

Dajaune Brown, Daniel Cox, Jaydan Davidson, Harry Hawkins, Billy Gough, Jack Perry, Keilen Robinson, Farren Simons, Josh Shattell, Lennon Wheeldon.

Hopefully, managerial shuffling in relation toall that is sign Roberts and McGoldrick, sell Beilik

I'd imagine Beilik will be gone, though given we owe Arsenal, all it will do is remove his salary to free up money for other players.

Do we still owe Arsenal? Didn't that get settled as a football creditor when exiting administration?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Do we still owe Arsenal? Didn't that get settled as a football creditor when exiting administration?
    My thoughts too.

Of those departing....

The 2 Harrison's, Foulkes and Solomon are a surprise. Both have looked good on the occasions I've seen them via RamsTV.

Cybulski going may surprise some as he's been on the fringes..... not really come good on loan so, for me, it was to be expected.

Roberts is out of contract at BHA. Not had a new offer yet. It has been reported PW has had words with him about a return. I presume Haydon will be chatting to BHA to see how the land lies before making any decision. I'd like to see him return.

McGee. PW thought he was good enough for the #2 spot. We've not seen him so can't judge but, if he was good enough in January, surely, he's good enough now his contract with FGR expires at the end of June this year.

I don't see any of the other loaness returning.

The usual clickbait sites are linking us with all and sundry including a Boro defender and a Pompey defender, both of whom, they said, were going to join us in January. As unlikely now as it was then IMO.

Not according to the minutes of the supporters charter meeting held in January when the club stated that they still owe transfer fees to Arsenal as part of the original arrangements for the transfer.

So it seems that all that was settled was the sums owing at that time.

Ah well I've not seen those but won't argue. Maybe deferred instalments due after the administration exit date don't qualify as football creditors

Ah well I've not seen those but won't argue. Maybe deferred instalments due after the administration exit date don't qualify as football creditors
    They are on tinternet if you look. If the club had folded then maybe, but presumably as long as the agreed payment plan is kept to then Derby aren't in default, which is what matters. I presume he will be sold in an effort to recoup some of the transfer fees. It does make one frustrated when the millions that were paid out for mostly below average players, guess that's what happens when an owner promises fans promotion. I am much more comfortable where we are now, after a long line of owners who didn't really seem to know what they were doing, but made a lot of noise about things.

Look on the bright side: many clubs have pissed away far greater amounts on even worse white elephants for many a year. And then there are the serial experts at it, Chelsea.

It's nothing new, I remember some club back in the 70s spending a relatively huge fee on a busted flush called derek hales.
    330k IIRC - you'd struggle to get even a woman for that nowadays. Female player, that is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)