+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Ismael appointed Watford Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Thank you for the advice Poggs.

The ball is in Acido's court but I suspect Acido's tactic is to keep ignoring it hoping it will go away.

Acido will have had sufficient time to respond by Friday 19th and if nothing is forthcoming I shall submit a formal complaint to FootyMad on that day, with a copy on here.

A stand has to be made against on-line personal abuse.
    Can't argue with that mi owd.

Where is Acido ?

A simple admission that he got it wrong breaking Forum rules by posting personal abuse would suffice.

An apology would be appreciated but, if that is too much to ask, a simple recognition that he got it wrong would be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Like I said Shad, your wasting your time with
    this pathetic so called fan, who thinks he's clever on here.
    He's made his mind up about the pre-Barnsley stuff that Val did, which is fair enough, ok.
    But to then keep dismissing what he did for us that season, and to keep slagging us off as fans who chose to support him, well that sums up this moron. ��
    Complaints to the "owners" of a social media site rarely result in any action being taken against the perpetrators of abuse but it is important not to stand aside and do nothing. I have submitted the following complaint to Digital Sports Group, the owners of Footymad, today, Friday.
    At least the nature of Acido's post has been widely viewed, particularly by Moderators on other Footymad sites.

contact@digitalsportsgroup.co.uk

Personal Abuse on Footymad Site Barnsley FC Tykes Chat.

I am aware that complaints concerning posts containing personal abuse on Footymad message boards are usually resolved by Administrators/ Moderators but this is unusual in that it is a Moderator himself posting the personal abuse. Forum Rules state that no post shall be made which contains abusive remarks against an individual and this rule has clearly been broken.

On 13.05.2023 at 6.26pm in a thread entitled "Ismael Appointed Watford Head Coach" an enthusiastic but good natured and respectful debate was taking place between myself, SBRed48, and another poster when a Moderator on the Board, Acido, interjected with the following post (Post 29):
    "Like I said Shads, you're wasting your time with this pathetic, so called fan, who thinks he is clever on here.
    He's made up his mind about the pre Barnsley stuff that Val did, which is fair enough,OK.
    But to then keep dismissing what he did for us that season, and to keep slagging us off as fans who choose to support him, well that sums up this moron"
    ( I did request Acido to point out even one instance where I had "slagged off" fans but no reply was forthcoming)

This post clearly contains elements of personal abuse contrary to forum rules. I have requested an apology from Acido but received none. No one, particularly those in a position of "authority", should be posting personal abuse. No one should feel they have to just sit back and accept it without protest. Fortunately I am mature enough and strong enough mentally to not be affected by such abuse but I aware of others whose mental health is not so robust and would suffer mental health issues if such abuse was directed at them. Such posts are not acceptable.
    I look forward to your comments on the matter. I would anticipate at least an expression of disapproval and a warning of future conduct. I have suggested to Acido to consider whether his position as Moderator is now tenable. He has not posted on Footymad since his abusive post though i am aware that he is still posting regularly on another Barnsley FC message board.

Your faithfully,
    SBRed48
    Last edited by SBRed48; 19-05-2023 at 05:07 AM.

I note that the BBS Message Board is now regularly receiving the benefit of Acido's humour and insight but still no comment from him about his abusive post on here.

Breaking News!

A deal has been completed with YN loan to us becoming a permanent deal in the capacity of site moderator with Acido going in the other direction also in the same role.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Breaking News!

A deal has been completed with YN loan to us becoming a permanent deal in the capacity of site moderator with Acido going in the other direction also in the same role.
    😄😄😄
    I would be up for that - as everyone should know by now that I like to see a good heated debate - but personal abuse is a definite no no.

I would certainly do a good job at it - but I don’t think many would want me as the moderator.
    So if it’s not me then my vote would go to Shadrack - I think he’s the most level headed on here.

As for SB - I’m currently on SB watch.
    He’s walking on thin ice arguing with the moderator.
    Not because he’s wrong.
    But because Acido has all the power and can easily pull the plug on him.
    If SB suddenly disappears then the rest of us need to be aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Breaking News!

Acido is happy to be on BBS. BBS members benefit from Acido's humour and insight so it is win win.

I could join BBS to make them aware of Acido's recent abusive post on here but that would mean me becoming an internet "troll" so i won't bother.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 21-05-2023 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    ������

As for SB - I’m currently on SB watch.
    He’s walking on thin ice arguing with the moderator.
    Not because he’s wrong.
    But because Acido has all the power and can easily pull the plug on him.
    If SB suddenly disappears then the rest of us need to be aware of it.
    Only Paul Daniels could have made me disappear Nudge but he has sadly passed away
    Last edited by SBRed48; 21-05-2023 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Only Paul Daniels could make me disappear.Nudge.
    Don’t be too sure.
    If you remember a few months ago I got banned off here for two weeks.
    On a music thread - that included people posting music that they liked - I posted links to a couple of Brian Eno tracks.
    Him of Roxy Music fame.
    That’s right - I got a 2 week ban for liking the music of Brian Eno.
    I kid you not.

I took Eno Salts to relieve biliousness and flatulence.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast