+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ismael appointed Watford Head Coach

Ismael appointed Watford Head Coach

A nice pay off coming his way October/ November.

They say cheats never win but he's dropped on lucky here regarding his financial future.

Andersen to Watford ?

Adda thowt that he'd have been financially set for life after the West Brom gig SB. He'd won already. The Watford job will just boost his bank balance

I think Watford have just got themselves a top coach & I wish him well .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I think Watford have just got themselves a top coach & I wish him well .

I wouldn't say he was a top coach Shadrack. He's coached 11 different clubs in 12 years and most of them in lower leagues which says a lot. I'll always respect what he did at Oakwell because he gave us one of our best seasons ever during a tough time when everybody's spirits were down due to covid. The way he took us into the play offs was unbelievable really considering our budget and playing squad. Our style of football was bombastic and very disciplined but ultimately unsustainable over long periods.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Adda thowt that he'd have been financially set for life after the West Brom gig SB. He'd won already. The Watford job will just boost his bank balance
    True Pass. He had a four year contract at WBA and was sacked after seven months so Kerrching there.

Don't forget he then went to Besiktas and was sacked after a few months there but I believe it was a shorter contract.

Now rocks up at Watford. Can't see any information on how long the contract runs for (in theory). He is their 19th manager in the last 12 years.

Perhaps cheats keep on winning.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    . Our style of football was bombastic and very disciplined .
    A wonderful turn of phrase Pass.

Congratulations to Val on this appointment I would think a playoff place at least next season if they stick with him.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

Perhaps cheats keep on winning.
    They do unfortunately mi owd.

Exiting times under Val feel sure MOST enjoyed the championship winning experience.

The winning was great the entertainment value of the football we played wasnt.

It depends what view you take. I want to be entertained and winning is part of that but not the be all. Ive been more entertained this season, albeit at a lower level, than I ever was under Val.

But thats just my personal take on matters.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast