Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
A lot of ducks came together in a row during Ismael's season here to Ismael's/ Barnsley FC's benefit and I am sure playing behind closed doors in an empty stadium was one of them. The young players had no pressure on them from the crowd, particularly at away games in big stadiums. It was a practice game atmosphere at every game.
The players could hear Ismael shouting out a number to tell them which formation to take for pressing, set pieces etc. There was no pressure from the crowd on the ref about our time wasting and sh1thousery tactics. There was no disapproval/ booing over the awful hoofball stuff being served up.
But I admit the second half at Bournemouth was wonderful.
What you are basically saying SB is that season was a level playing field, conditions and circumstances were the same for all 24 teams , they could all hear their coaches & not be subject to booing or hostile atmospheres etc , there was no advantage or disadvantage , no getting on players backs when they got caught playing tippy tappy football from the back etc etc , it was the same for every single team & that is why in my opinion we proved we did exceptionally well under Val as we ended up in the play offs , we were not quite good enough to get over the line but it was still one of the best seasons in our history & I enjoyed it , I just wished we could have been in the ground to see the matches .