+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season start.

Season start.

May should be when league games start, ending in December and January, pre season should be March April.

The thought of going to Wisbech Town tomorrow in the sun is delightful, or would have been. Far more children would attend, older people, gates would rise dramatically.

A June evening, beer in hand, sun on the face and arms, shirt sleeeves, ice cream, beer, a warm wind, scantily clad gals wearing sunglasses, burgers, open air bbqs, bouncy castles for the kids, candy floss, hook a duck, etc. Even a band.

Might be a problem in non league regarding hard pitches, solved with spinklers as all pro clubs have and use even in winter. Harder pitches mean better football, all round, dribbling, passing, shooting.

Remember those under soil heating things, never used today, a more effective sprinkler system would be needed, costing peanuts.

Win win. Wont happen. As for bands, ive just formed one, and ive rit my first hit with United in mind, and im open to a booking next August. Ive already recorded it and its a sure fire hit in the David Ackles style.

Its called
    Struggle Struggle.

Struggle struggle struggle
    Struggle struggle struggle
    Struggle.

Thats the opening lyric.

Then,

God help me god help me god help me,
    Blast ive got an itchy bum, scratch scratch, its gone.
    Now that Taylors gone.

Even rhymes.

Finally.

I gnaw at your bones, Cambridge flesh knotters
    boiling your ancestors to make soup
    Like Boner.
    May vermin prey upon your craven brood.

Pretty good eh, not Burt Bacharach but close.

You can now get free mental health care if you buy a United season ticket, im sure it will come with a soother, or a chooch as it was called in my youth.

The lefty push to make people helpless and dependant is ruthless. To turn them into helpless children. I would have been offended if i had bought one. Paradoxically, its United that are the fruit cake. RAM IT.

Even if it started in March/April you still wouldn't go down to The Abbey so you shouldn't be botherd by it Frank,may as well start in December going by how many times you go

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post

A June evening, beer in hand, sun on the face and arms, shirt sleeeves, ice cream, beer, a warm wind, scantily clad gals wearing sunglasses, burgers, open air bbqs, bouncy castles for the kids, candy floss, hook a duck, etc. Even a band.
    June is a time of love and romance,holding hands with a beautiful woman whilst having a pint in a country pub beer garden,I miss those days

Love seeketh only self to please
    To bind another to it's delight
    Joy in another's loss of ease
    And builds a Hell in Heavens despite

William Blake

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)