+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained list

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Oh, MSB will be pleased !!
    100 out, 100 in...

I thought some thought half the squad would be released after the last couple of years dreadful performance even though the results were a little better in the last quarter...Remember, the academy has cost the club well over 2 million in the last 2 seasons...Is that value for money? You tell me!

Also someone said Dave Artell was favourite for the Swindon job but they have appointed someone else on a 2 year deal...I cannot undertand why football clubs offer managerial deals for more than 6 months and that would have saved PL clubs tens or maybe hundreds of millions in the process. Who would refuse to go to ManU, or Man C or Liverpool on a million a month for 6 months and a rolling contract? Is our club still paying DA his wages?

Who was the Crewe feller/management that was rumoured to be leaving at the end of the season?

One of the three experts on our touchline?

Finally,

Before everyone moans about Mellor being released and blaming the manager.....Kelvin is likely to go part time next season at somewhere like Altrincham, or if Robbie gets his cheque book out, Macclesfield. After the op, it would appear full time football is out of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    100 out, 100 in...

I thought some thought half the squad would be released after the last couple of years dreadful performance even though the results were a little better in the last quarter...Remember, the academy has cost the club well over 2 million in the last 2 seasons...Is that value for money? You tell me!

Also someone said Dave Artell was favourite for the Swindon job but they have appointed someone else on a 2 year deal...I cannot undertand why football clubs offer managerial deals for more than 6 months and that would have saved PL clubs tens or maybe hundreds of millions in the process. Who would refuse to go to ManU, or Man C or Liverpool on a million a month for 6 months and a rolling contract? Is our club still paying DA his wages?

Who was the Crewe feller/management that was rumoured to be leaving at the end of the season?

One of the three experts on our touchline?

Finally,
    It has not been a good season and our football has seldom been of a standard to get us out of our seats. But in the interest of balance, the season as a whole has been average. That is, not dreadful, and not great. Which is why we finished 13th coming with a wet sail at the end.

The management team, we can say now, have done a decent job in getting us to mid table and whilst some felt we were in danger of dropping through the trapdoor into the National league, I never felt it was a realistic possibility. What must happen now is consolidation. We are unlikely to be attacking automatic promotion next season, and probably not the play offs. But we must continue to develop as a team and push in that general direction.

I refuse to address your ongoing questioning of the Academy and our coaching staff because it is irrelevant to the discussion s are the number of people we have on the touchline on match days. After what really was an horrific season last season ending in relegation, we have to view this season as a relative success. Onward and upward!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    It has not been a good season and our football has seldom been of a standard to get us out of our seats. But in the interest of balance, the season as a whole has been average. That is, not dreadful, and not great. Which is why we finished 13th coming with a wet sail at the end.

The management team, we can say now, have done a decent job in getting us to mid table and whilst some felt we were in danger of dropping through the trapdoor into the National league, I never felt it was a realistic possibility. What must happen now is consolidation. We are unlikely to be attacking automatic promotion next season, and probably not the play offs. But we must continue to develop as a team and push in that general direction.

I refuse to address your ongoing questioning of the Academy and our coaching staff because it is irrelevant to the discussion s are the number of people we have on the touchline on match days. After what really was an horrific season last season ending in relegation, we have to view this season as a relative success. Onward and upward!
    OK its one opinion. But we were a Div1 club and team last season and so would any 'reasonable' person expect us to do better a division lower? About the same? Or worse? Well, you can make your own mind up. I suggest that no company or football team can have more than one manager as committees never achieve anything and why two or three manager/coaches is a modern thing that has not helped the internation team or most other teams. No team in the lower divisions can afford to have million pound academies and teams even at the highest level have realised that it really is pointless coaching/managing kids to play a natural game and Dario did not coach youngsters only those ln late ****s and signed many good players as well. The FA academy starves teams at our level and even above of funds and why the costs of the academy can never go away. I'm still waiting for the club to tell us how much the academy costs the club and for some reason refuse to say...Why? Is the question? Lee Bell has said we cannot afford to bring in new players? Why? So we have to keep playing dreadful ones that have been almost useless these last two years knowing they are useless because we have no money when the academy costs over a million pounds per season when not ONE player in that academy at age 5 to 17 say, is not capable of playing professional league football!

Even now fans here are expecting another poor season next time around...Well done Crewe Alexandra, you have really won the lottery with these fans we have nowadays...

I refuse to address your ongoing questioning of the Academy and our coaching staff because it is irrelevant to the discussion s are the number of people we have on the touchline on match days. After what really was an horrific season last season ending e more. relegation, we have to view this season as a relative success. Onward and upward!
    Excellent post..couldn't agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Excellent post..couldn't agree more!
    Thanks. I do try and offer a logical and balanced view.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Oh, MSB will be pleased !!
    Oh well done! Bet you regretted that remark ....

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Mellor is due an operation this summer which he has needed for a while, I believe that it puts a doubt on his future on field activities at league level. I think that this last season he has gone above and beyond with his commitment in the circumstances and won't be forgotten.
    Just my own thoughts with no knowledge but I think that we might see him in the future returning in our extensive coaching network.
    Good luck Kelvin whatever your future holds.
    That explains a lot (and later comments too) - so his regret may have been largely about circumstances forcing this change on him, not about a decision by LB. Let's hope it goes better than expected and he gets more football in locally while working at Reaseheath.

Thanks. I do try and offer a logical and balanced view.
    With respect, you don't really as I am one of the few fans here that try and resolve why we are so p*ss poor the whole time while other teams of the same size are streets ahead of us and refuse to waste millions on a wing and a prayer...How come all these teams that have been promoted this time around have better players than us like Stevenage and Stockport when we have spent tens of millions on ours that cannot even defend properly or attack the opposition having had so called coaching for 12 years...Would someone not use their brains for a change and realise that some PL clubs have decided that the EEEP sysyem imposed by the FA is a waste of money? The EEEP system was designed for the PL to steal youngsters that are any good for a pittance..OK when was the last million pound player we sold here and how much have we spent on the academy since that time?

Yep, its the old record again that deluded fans refuse to think on...Keep paying your money and cry!

Two horrible seasons and we release two players, one who is injured!

Maybe releasing three managers and their wages would be a real improvement...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    With respect, you don't really as I am one of the few fans here that try and resolve why we are so p*ss poor the whole time while other teams of the same size are streets ahead of us and refuse to waste millions on a wing and a prayer...How come all these teams that have been promoted this time around have better players than us like Stevenage and Stockport when we have spent tens of millions on ours that cannot even defend properly or attack the opposition having had so called coaching for 12 years...Would someone not use their brains for a change and realise that some PL clubs have decided that the EEEP sysyem imposed by the FA is a waste of money? The EEEP system was designed for the PL to steal youngsters that are any good for a pittance..OK when was the last million pound player we sold here and how much have we spent on the academy since that time?

Yep, its the old record again that deluded fans refuse to think on...Keep paying your money and cry!

Two horrible seasons and we release two players, one who is injured!

Maybe releasing three managers and their wages would be a real improvement...
    With an equal amount of respect, you wouldn't recognise a balanced and logical view if it ambled up you and slapped you in the face with a wet haddock!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast