+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained list

Retained list

So Ainley and Mellor released. Can't say I'm surprised at the former but a little sad about the latter. I thought he was good for another season at least as cover.
    As it is, we haven't really got any right backs. I suppose Billington has played there but is that his natural position? I hope Bell has already got his replacement ready.

This must mean that Offord has been kept as he is such a prominent figure that they would have announced him first. I know they have an extension option but wouldn't he have to accept it too? Besides he's been dropped recently so I would've thought that was an indication of his future.

I too am very sad to see Kelvin go, and so it seems is he from his leaving statement. I thought he had a pretty good season, and I'm very surprised that we haven't kept him.
    Maybe the thought is to play Rio as a right back (Did he play there for the Newport game? Looks like it from the highlights) so he can score more goals with that sweet left foot.
    Also sad to see Callum go, but it's been on the cards for a while, shame he just hasn't fufilled his potential.
    The worrying thing for next season is that we stand to lose two of our better players in Aygei and Long...although in a recent O.S. statement....could he be persuaded to stay?
    It's a shame because our form in the last few weeks was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    I too am very sad to see Kelvin go, and so it seems is he from his leaving statement. I thought he had a pretty good season, and I'm very surprised that we haven't kept him.
    Maybe the thought is to play Rio as a right back (Did he play there for the Newport game? Looks like it from the highlights) so he can score more goals with that sweet left foot.
    Also sad to see Callum go, but it's been on the cards for a while, shame he just hasn't fufilled his potential.
    The worrying thing for next season is that we stand to lose two of our better players in Aygei and Long...although in a recent O.S. statement....could he be persuaded to stay?
    It's a shame because our form in the last few weeks was excellent.

Really disappointed that Mellor is going can the club afford to let go such and experienced player with still lots of ability ? As for Ainley probably 2 or 3 years later than it should have been a frustrating player who showed glimpses of quality sprinkled in between some absolutely terrible performances would he have made 278 appearances anywhere else highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Really disappointed that Mellor is going can the club afford to let go such and experienced player with still lots of ability ? As for Ainley probably 2 or 3 years later than it should have been a frustrating player who showed glimpses of quality sprinkled in between some absolutely terrible performances would he have made 278 appearances anywhere else highly unlikely.
    Agree re both players.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Also agree with the above ...

Mellor is due an operation this summer which he has needed for a while, I believe that it puts a doubt on his future on field activities at league level. I think that this last season he has gone above and beyond with his commitment in the circumstances and won't be forgotten.
    Just my own thoughts with no knowledge but I think that we might see him in the future returning in our extensive coaching network.
    Good luck Kelvin whatever your future holds.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Mellor is due an operation this summer which he has needed for a while, I believe that it puts a doubt on his future on field activities at league level. I think that this last season he has gone above and beyond with his commitment in the circumstances and won't be forgotten.
    That makes more sense now as to why he was released.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Just my own thoughts with no knowledge but I think that we might see him in the future returning in our extensive coaching network
    Oh, MSB will be pleased !!

I had heard he was lining up a coaching career at the Alex but I expected that to be in addition to a much reduced playing contract.
    Ah well, maybe I'll see him at Alty next season!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast