+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Retained list

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Not great. But to be fair to "Big Dave" he did sign Dan Agyei and that turned out well
    Yes I've seen a rumour no-one told AM and LB about the appearance clause till too late or they could have stopped playing him! Shame DA didn't get Dan to sign the same terms or we'd have him for next year! (Obviously Tariq didn't get the trigger clause either - though in his case I've seen as he's under 23 our offer of a new contract could bring compensation if he signs elsewhere. Enough to pay off Sambou?)

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Yes I've seen a rumour no-one told AM and LB about the appearance clause till too late or they could have stopped playing him! Shame DA didn't get Dan to sign the same terms or we'd have him for next year! (Obviously Tariq didn't get the trigger clause either - though in his case I've seen as he's under 23 our offer of a new contract could bring compensation if he signs elsewhere. Enough to pay off Sambou?)
    Unlike some, I would be happy to see Tariq lining up in a Crewe shirt next season. He has not always been as effective as we might have liked and there is a tendency to think that because he came from Chelsea's Academy that he would be a world beater. This hasn't been the case and it is unreasonable to expect it. He is young and learning. He clearly has ability although tackling isn't at the top of the list, but I think he could come on a lot next season particularly if played in the position that he is most effective in

The less said about Sambou the better. I don't expect to see him in our team this coming season.

Unlike some, I would be happy to see Tariq lining up in a Crewe shirt next season. He has not always been as effective as we might have liked and there is a tendency to think that because he came from Chelsea's Academy that he would be a world beater. This hasn't been the case and it is unreasonable to expect it. He is young and learning. He clearly has ability although tackling isn't at the top of the list, but I think he could come on a lot next season particularly if played in the position that he is most effective in

The less said about Sambou the better. I don't expect to see him in our team this coming season.
    I'm sure you're right on that, they showed their hand their when he went off on loan - I was hoping Oldham wanted him, but maybe not so he needs a payoff not just a free transfer.

How old is Sambou? Does that have any bearing on his contract?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    How old is Sambou? Does that have any bearing on his contract?
    He is 25, 26 in October. Hope this solves the riddle but I suspect it doesn't.

He is 25, 26 in October. Hope this solves the riddle but I suspect it doesn't.
    So no it doesn't ..... I suppose when there's more news we may be able to work out what's been up. Could it be because he was an international transfer - i.e. from Europe to us, not that he is an International

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345