+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Chesterfield FC 13.05.23 [NL PO F]

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    Awful. The defensive problems have never been addressed. Teams have worked us out. Chicksen and Cameron have successful pass rates cos they only ever go back. Cameron carried the ball out of play with nobody within 15 yards. Put Chicksen in Camerons position now . Get Jones on where Chicksens playing so we have somebody who will commit defenders on tgat side and put in decent delivery. OBrien for Ruben now not in another 20 minutes. F*** his ego, we only get one chance here today. Without Bostock we'd be buried. Took a booking cos Nemane wears blinkers when they have the ball and Baldwin should of been booked for a deliberate charge off the ball. And I've not mentioned Slocombe, what was he thinking in the first 2 mins??
    Need a massive turnaround here.
    This ^^^^^

We’ll have to see what they’re made of again. Nervousness, which we’ve seen time after time gave them a goal start. What I fear is that we’ll pass through the nervous stage into our wasteful one. Gotta take that chance when it comes

Don't know what to think.

The analysis of the high line and Sam's latest addition to his brain fart collection obviously the big events.

Against Boreham Wood we were two down at this point but were creating and missing loads of chances. I don't see the same creativity today.

We look tetchy, nervy, and off our game. Something has got to change, be that a rousing team talk, a change of tactics or of personnel.

Most optimistic thing I can say is that we're only one down and anything can happen in football.

Is there any doubt we should be looking for a new goalie?

Are we going to end up a man down? - a few players showing some frustration towards end of the first half

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    Do you reckon cos we tend to have a younger team than average, "big game nerves" is more of a factor?
    Possibly but the likes of Slocombe, Rawlinson, Chicksen and Palmer are all experienced seasoned pros who’ve played in the football league. Plus a few of them have played at Wembley before.

It’s got to be nerves or pressure it’s the only thing it can be. That’s why players will play it safe as well to avoid making a mistake.

But it needs us to be confident and brave second half. We need to force Chesterfield into making a mistake and get back in this and it could quite easily turn in our favour as we saw last week.

To be fair they've had their fair share of faffing outside the box too. The BT commentators said that they've just been braver, and I think there's something in that. That said, they're denying Ruben time on the ball and he isn't coping; Chickson is getting into some very good positions but isn't crossing well, and Bostock is playing a blinder. We're not far from the right side of the line, but if we don't get over it we're going to be stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    Do you reckon cos we tend to have a younger team than average, "big game nerves" is more of a factor?
    Slocombe is a veteran and the occasion scrambled his brain to the point he literally forgot the rules of football, so I don't think it's that.

we need a goal soon, time is strarting to tick away

Would you want to keep goal in any defence with Cameron in??

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast