+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Weghorst a problem or an asset?

Tella should return to Southampton.....stay out of the Premier Greed, besides, gives me more reason to watch them.

ALK will be all over this like a skin rash come 01/06/23, same scenario with Chelsea and Ian Maatsen. It’s THB we will not pursue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    ALK will be all over this like a skin rash come 01/06/23, same scenario with Chelsea and Ian Maatsen. It’s THB we will not pursue.
    Hopefully, by 1/6 there will be someone in a position at Southampton able to make a decision on Tella, but it's not that far off and I cannot believe there wii be, how long will Vinni be prepared to wait for them to get their act together ?

I don't think VK would have have signed such a long term contract if there wasn't the promise of being able to mould his own team and have the dosh to do it so I wouldn't be surprised if there were wholesale changes this summer.

WW doesn't even get an appearance off the bench tonight, his career is going down hill along with his price unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    WW doesn't even get an appearance off the bench tonight, his career is going down hill along with his price unfortunately.
    Not to worry Chris, this is a player who has played for Besiktas, 3rd in the Turkish League, Manchester United, 3rd in the Premier League and Holland's World Cup team this season, so clearly 3 top European managers rate him highly. As usual with strikers from the Bundesliga, he's struggled to put the ball into an English onion bag with both us and United, but this is par for the course for Bundesliga strikers and can be ignored.

His goal scoring record outside of England is nothing short of sensational, look it up, including 8 in 16 games for Besiktas. There will be plenty of managers willing to look beyond his record with a struggling English PL team and we'll have no problem off-loading him at a decent price.

Trust me on this.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Trust me on this.
    In God we trust, all others pay cash..

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    In God we trust, all others pay cash..
    I think what I'm trying to say is that we only focus on a snap shot of his career, that part in England, outside of England his goal scoring record is awesome, managers will look at the bigger picture, and they'll be beating our door down to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I think what I'm trying to say is that we only focus on a snap shot of his career, that part in England, outside of England his goal scoring record is awesome, managers will look at the bigger picture, and they'll be beating our door down to sign him.
    I have watched him in action for United quite a few times, his defending at set pieces was good, his pressing was excellent, his passing incisive, he took up some great positions in and around the penalty box but his "teammates" simply would not pass the ball to him.

Weggy missed a sitter today, his last chance of glory, so ends his season in the prem with Man U, and us??

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)