+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Weghorst a problem or an asset?

He had his chance with us in the Prem and blew it. He had a revival at Besiktas then burned his bridges there when he got his second chance in the Prem with Man U which in turn has proved fruitless for him. What's the phrase, two time loser?

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    He had his chance with us in the Prem and blew it. He had a revival at Besiktas then burned his bridges there when he got his second chance in the Prem with Man U which in turn has proved fruitless for him. What's the phrase, two time loser?
    Dunno Chris, he's played 17 PL games for Manchester United, 5 games in the FA Cup including in a Wembley Final, scored 8 goals in Turkey and scored for Holland in the WC Finals. I can think of players who have had worse seasons than that, hundreds of them.

If we can't a decent fee for someone with that pedigree, our sales team want sacking.

Order the taxi and send to Dyche if he wants him

Quote Originally Posted by wmdave_b View Post
    Order the taxi and send to Dyche if he wants him
    Terrier Taxis will happily whiz him over to Merseyside gratis.

Attachment 24329

Sounds like SD might take up my offer...

https://insidefutbol.com/2023/06/04/...Vco3RaWxEpNvAk

Another step in making Everton the Burnley B team, a perfect fit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Sounds like SD might take up my offer...

https://insidefutbol.com/2023/06/04/...Vco3RaWxEpNvAk
    Makes perfect sense, Everton need a striker, they can't throw money about any more and we certainly aren't going to play hard ball over the fee. Get it done, then everybody's happy.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Chris - I honestly don’t think Weghorst did a bad job for us , he was bought with the wrong idea though a tall gangly forward - Dyche was thinking Wood replacement and that’s all - what we actually got was a very hard working intelligent footballer ( but not a battering ram - heading centre forward).
    As for him leaving for his international career not a problem in my eyes - if he’s told he won’t represent his country unless he’s playing at a certain level - you gotta do what you gotta do.

As for prolific scorers - how many are there in the premiership and at what level are they at , Kane -Sallah - Toney - Halland - Wilson - point being Wood scored 13 for us in previous years but couldn’t score the goals for us in his last season - weghorst only got limited time to keep us up and played in a team that couldn’t compete in the league.

Can’t say he’s done a bad job at Man Utd - not prolific by any means but still did a decent job.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Chris - I honestly don’t think Weghorst did a bad job for us , he was bought with the wrong idea though a tall gangly forward - Dyche was thinking Wood replacement and that’s all - what we actually got was a very hard working intelligent footballer ( but not a battering ram - heading centre forward).
    As for him leaving for his international career not a problem in my eyes - if he’s told he won’t represent his country unless he’s playing at a certain level - you gotta do what you gotta do.

As for prolific scorers - how many are there in the premiership and at what level are they at , Kane -Sallah - Toney - Halland - Wilson - point being Wood scored 13 for us in previous years but couldn’t score the goals for us in his last season - weghorst only got limited time to keep us up and played in a team that couldn’t compete in the league.

Can’t say he’s done a bad job at Man Utd - not prolific by any means but still did a decent job.
    I wouldn't bet against Toney scoring a few when he gets back.

SD at Everton does not intend to sign Weggy, VK wants Gyokeres (who can blame him?) and United have told him to pi$$ off and not come back.

I love a bit of schadenfreude when the "Billy Big Bollox Syndrome" comes back and bites you on the arse.

I wonder how the AP/VK alliance are going to sort this problem out.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)