+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Calmac Shambles

Another Calmac Shambles

Calmac ferries are installing a new ticketing scheme commencing Tuesday 16th May 2023. https://www.calmac.co.uk/ticketing/c...eting-platform
    As a result no one can book, amend or cancel a sailing from today Saturday 13th May 2023 to Monday 15th May 2023 inclusive.
    Sailings which are turn up and go are not affected but the main ferry routes most certainly are.
    This new system was supposed to go live several weeks ago but due to the number of large car ferries in dry dock undergoing major repairs or their annual delayed overhaul it was delayed until now.
    This new ticketing system is part of Calmac’s Project Neptune which in my opinion should be renamed Project Titanic.
    This new ticketing system should have been introduced during the quieter winter months such as the middle of January when the Calmac ferries are not nearly as busy as they are during the middle of May.
    However this is Transport Scotland and the management of Calmac where the word Commonsense is not part of their vocabulary.
    Too bad if someone on the island of Islay has to make a v i t a l journey this weekend by car on the Islay to Kennacraig ferry to the Mainland.

The new Calmac ticketing system which was due go live on Tuesday 16th May 2023 has been delayed by 24 hours. https://www.calmac.co.uk/
    I would not be surprised if the new system ‘crashes’ tomorrow morning when it goes live due to people being unable to book, amend or cancel a sailing on the Calmac ferries bookable routes which are all the busy routes since Friday 12th May 2023.

Islay - nobody cares so stop howling at the moon about it. It's just getting boring now

I wonder if folk on the Calmac Mad site go on and on and on about Dundee F. C. starting up threads about us to endlessly debate matters that have got nothing to do with the main purpose of said site. No Calmac Mad site ? No but I'm sure if there is a forum, Facebook site or some such other talking post to discuss the legitimate concerns of the Island communities and the failures of the SNP in these matters any talk about beekeeping, the price of milk, aliens from outer space or Dundee F C would be barred or given short shrift.

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    I wonder if folk on the Calmac Mad site go on and on and on about Dundee F. C. starting up threads about us to endlessly debate matters that have got nothing to do with the main purpose of said site. No Calmac Mad site ? No but I'm sure if there is a forum, Facebook site or some such other talking post to discuss the legitimate concerns of the Island communities and the failures of the SNP in these matters any talk about beekeeping, the price of milk, aliens from outer space or Dundee F C would be barred or given short shrift.
    I keep bees.

You should try living on a Scottish island which is dependent on Calmac ferries then you would soon change your tune.
    There is a Calmac Facebook Page but according to it everything is wonderful in Calmac. It never mentions about their ferries continually breaking down and being removed from service or returning back from their annual overhaul weeks or sometimes months late because the SNP controlled Scottish Government does not permit bad news to be published. Everything is utopia living in Scotland according to the SNP.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    You should try living on a Scottish island which is dependent on Calmac ferries then you would soon change your tune.
    There is a Calmac Facebook Page but according to it everything is wonderful in Calmac. It never mentions about their ferries continually breaking down and being removed from service or returning back from their annual overhaul weeks or sometimes months late because the SNP controlled Scottish Government does not permit bad news to be published. Everything is utopia living in Scotland according to the SNP.
    Can you al least admit your gripe isn't with CalMac but with the SNP - CalMac simply being a useful vessel (see what I did there?) through which to vent your spleen?

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    I keep bees.
    The price of milk hasnae half gone up!

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I don't dispute or disagree with any of your concerns about Calmac and agree with you regarding our hopeless SNP government. My point is what does it have to do with Dundee Mad a site supposedly for Dundee fans to discuss matters relating to Dundee Football Club or perhaps Scottish Football or even football in general but island ferries .............................!

I don't dispute or disagree with any of your concerns about Calmac and agree with you regarding our hopeless SNP government. My point is what does it have to do with Dundee Mad a site supposedly for Dundee fans to discuss matters relating to Dundee Football Club or perhaps Scottish Football or even football in general but island ferries .............................!
    This site allows everyone to post what they want. I have learned about lots of topics from Dees who have some more knowledge of specific topics.
    Somehow knowing that you support the same team seems to make discussions and disagreements friendlier, at least that's my opinion.

Islay posts regularly about Calmac and I enjoy his posts. There are bits that I may disagree with and times when he misses the humour of a post in reply but that just adds to the value, again in my opinion.

There are loads of opportunities to post about football topics but they rarely get a lot of traction.

Perhaps that's because the football topics on here eventually get round to Campy and John Nelms and Dee4life. Topics which have been running for several years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)