+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perspective

Perspective

Huge amount of negativity around today.

I'm pissed off we didn't win but we're still in a strong position and top 4 is still in our own hands.

Yes, we played pretty poorly at times today but we lost 2 points due to a massive deflection. Our players looked shot in the last quarter of an hour so maybe the season is catching up with them. It would be a huge shame, given how long we've been up there, to miss out in the top 4 if that were to happen but it shouldn't blind us to how far we've come this season.

In terms of today, that point helps us towards our target of 7 with two home games left and, despite being the better team (imo), we didn't have a stack of chances that we happened to miss...and Leeds missed a penalty so, maybe on balance, a point was fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Huge amount of negativity around today.

I'm pissed off we didn't win but we're still in a strong position and top 4 is still in our own hands.

Yes, we played pretty poorly at times today but we lost 2 points due to a massive deflection. Our players looked shot in the last quarter of an hour so maybe the season is catching up with them. It would be a huge shame, given how long we've been up there, to miss out in the top 4 if that were to happen but it shouldn't blind us to how far we've come this season.

In terms of today, that point helps us towards our target of 7 with two home games left and, despite being the better team (imo), we didn't have a stack of chances that we happened to miss...and Leeds missed a penalty so, maybe on balance, a point was fair?
    I would have taken a point before the game tbh. I’m not particularly worried about Brighton and Leicester, can we have the Brighton team against Everton first half please! I just hope we don’t have to go to Chelsea on the last game needing a win or draw,hope it’s sorted by then. Liverpool due to slip up surely, they’ve been jammy the last 2 games, hopefully it will run out soon!

Aye, Liverpool have hit their straps, like. I think they'll overtake one or both of us and Man U.

Would hate to go to Chelsea needing anything, tbh.

We all know Liverpool will finish above us. We are completely relying on manu slipping up. Even the Liverpool fans I know are convinced they are going to get 3rd.

I tell one thing, the refs have completely ruined the game. I have never been so anti-ref as I am now.

The refs basically decide the outcomes of games, the rules are awful.

We missed Longstaff today because apparently its fine for the Everton defender to clatter into our player aftet the ball goes out of play.

Liverpol are up our arse because apparently its fine for a player to stud someone in the head leaving them needing 10 stitches,

Whether or not we get top four we have had a brilliant season far surpassing anything I thought we would manage before the season started. I would much prefer to get top four, but if we don't, although I would be disappointed I would not be unhappy. I wanted to see progression, no relegation scrap, top ten, maybe even top 8. We have had a cup final appearance and are in good shape for qualifying for Europe of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamand View Post
    Whether or not we get top four we have had a brilliant season far surpassing anything I thought we would manage before the season started. I would much prefer to get top four, but if we don't, although I would be disappointed I would not be unhappy. I wanted to see progression, no relegation scrap, top ten, maybe even top 8. We have had a cup final appearance and are in good shape for qualifying for Europe of some sort.
    Absolutely. I don’t feel disappointed about the game/result today and quite happy with the point. We didn’t play that well but had a go and have to thank Nick Pope.

🏅Great post.

Well said. Nothing to lose in our last 3 games, lets go balls out and go for it.

Great post.

I do agree but in my heart, having spent so long in top 4, I will be disappointed if we don't make it.

Agree wit GBruno about refs though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)