+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Exiletyke Predictions League Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg Barnsley v Bolton Wanderers

1 - 0 to tarn

Tykes 0 Wanderers 1

Could go either way. Bit of a tactical masterclass from MD in the first leg with the very high press aligned with a poor performance from Wanderers who were unable to get their passing game going until late in the game. Forcing Wanderers to punt it long worked a treat as it was easy for Andersen and the Tykes defence to mop up. MD 1 Evatt 0.
    That said, with Oakwell being such a wide pitch, it may give Wanderers space to start passing through the lines which they did so well at Wembley, bypassing the press and getting forward in numbers. If I was MD I'd have the pitch narrowed as it's usually only a yard narrower than Wembley - top ****housery
    I suspect both teams will make tweaks to the plan but ultimately it will come down to which team executes their plan and imposes their playing style better. Reckon it will be a tight game again and it may be something as daft as a defensive mistake which makes the difference. As a Wanderers fan, I just hope Evatt is brave enough to stick with his principles and pick a team that can pass and move quickly rather than worry about what MD has in store for us - been a fantastic season and if we go down at least we'd go down playing our way.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    Could go either way. Bit of a tactical masterclass from MD in the first leg with the very high press aligned with a poor performance from Wanderers who were unable to get their passing game going until late in the game. Forcing Wanderers to punt it long worked a treat as it was easy for Andersen and the Tykes defence to mop up. MD 1 Evatt 0.
    That said, with Oakwell being such a wide pitch, it may give Wanderers space to start passing through the lines which they did so well at Wembley, bypassing the press and getting forward in numbers. If I was MD I'd have the pitch narrowed as it's usually only a yard narrower than Wembley - top ****housery
    I suspect both teams will make tweaks to the plan but ultimately it will come down to which team executes their plan and imposes their playing style better. Reckon it will be a tight game again and it may be something as daft as a defensive mistake which makes the difference. As a Wanderers fan, I just hope Evatt is brave enough to stick with his principles and pick a team that can pass and move quickly rather than worry about what MD has in store for us - been a fantastic season and if we go down at least we'd go down playing our way.

Strange then that with the pitch the way it is that Barnsley have one of the best home records in the division? Just maybe Duff is happy with the pitch as it is?

Barnsley 1 Bolton 1

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyWhites View Post
    Strange then that with the pitch the way it is that Barnsley have one of the best home records in the division? Just maybe Duff is happy with the pitch as it is?
    True. We won't complain.
    On another note it looks like there are touts trying to sell away tickets at £100+ due to the high demand and limited availability. Scumbags.

Our average gate this season has been just shy of 19k so it's disappointing that half the away end isn't being made available, especially for families.

2-0 to Reds

Predictions need to be in by 5-00 pm Friday to be valid.

Good luck in what is hopefully not the final predictions thread of the season.

Barnsley 1 Bolton 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast