+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our title back

Our title back

The World's oldest professional league club

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    The World's oldest professional league club
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Amusingly I've just seen on Forest Message board that they have a thread called

"The World Famous City Ground - Home of the PROPER WORLD‘S OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB"

I understood their claim when we went out of the league but if they want to now say it's consecutive years, they need to realise they weren't in the league for the first 3 years so still won't make them the oldest.

Do you think we will put up the old signs again?

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post

I understood their claim when we went out of the league but if they want to now say it's consecutive years, they need to realise they weren't in the league for the first 3 years so still won't make them the oldest.

We've already put the side signs up!

And yeah, they don't even come close to being the oldest if that is their angle! Probably annoys them even more that they're not even 2nd or 3rd with Wrexham joining us!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    We've already put the side signs up!

And yeah, they don't even come close to being the oldest if that is their angle! Probably annoys them even more that they're not even 2nd or 3rd with Wrexham joining us!
    How does being in the Premier League still count as being "a Football league club" if being in the National League doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post

I actually read that thread on LTLF a lot, it's mainly stuff about them building a new main stand.

Last season was odd (perhaps unique?), with Nottingham having no Football League club on either side of the Trent. At least now we have one again!