+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 102 of 148 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1471

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Pretty much what I was thinking… we knew we needed to shore up defence (goalkeeping too) last season. The squad was threadbare then and any injury was potentially disastrous.

Not complaining about our front line up… there’s plenty of goals there but defensively, we surely need to recruit?
    There’s Bajrami as well who I like but suffered last season from being shifted position constantly. I think he’s too good to be a utility player so we need to decide whether he’s a centre back or midfielder.

I’d expect us to be bringing in a goalkeeper, centre back and central midfielder for sure, along with a right wing back if Nemane moves on. Then one more, but that depends a bit on where we see Jones and Randall fitting in. If they’re primarily going to play in the attacking midfield roles then I think we need competition for Chicksen at left wing back, if one is seen as a genuine option at wing back then we probably need another number ten sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Let's say we need two players for each position

RWB - TAR
    RWB - ?

LWB - Randell
    LWB - Chicksen

LCB - Cameron
    LCB - ?

CB - Baldwin
    CB - ?

RCB - Brindley
    RCB - Rawlinson

RCM - Palmer
    RCM - O'Brien

LCM - Bostock
    LCM - ?

CAM - Austin
    CAM - Jones

ST - Langstaff
    ST - McGoldrick

ST - Scott
    ST - Morias

That gives us 16 outfield players, we are allowed 22 over the age of 21 or something like that.

I would say we need about 6 more players, 5 if Nemane signs to cover injuries, we can't just dip into the loan market now either! We will need a larger squad and defensively, we look very light on numbers
    We’ve got Baj and if Nemane doesn’t go it looks very different. It does seem pretty positive being in this position mid June, ideally if we can get them in the next 2 or 3 weeks or maybe at least 3 quality signings I would be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    It’s mid June… and apart from McGoldrick, our normal getting the business done early is becoming a bit of a concern. Players regroup for pre season in two weeks time.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. We had a number of signings last summer in the third week of June. Also every other club in the land is the same and most teams will not have publicly made that many signings by now.

We only need a few quality additions as well and I'd guess pre contract agreements and the business may have already been done, or be all but completed by the 30th June when existing contracts run out. There maybe final negotiations with agents going on until then.

It's not unconventional for players to sign for clubs in July. We did this in the Munto season. Obviously no season was like the one when the current owners took over where we signed players a week before our first season in the National League started. I'd imagine those players had already been contacted and advised of the situation prior to them signing otherwise they would have gone elsewhere.

What it does mean is that there may still be offers come in for Langstaff from now until the season begins depending on how other clubs recruitment goes and if they feel they need further additions.

There is also still 2 1/2 months until the transfer window closes. Then we can relax in terms of Langstaff.

This thread from last summer is worth a little read again, just signed Macca and Scott and Roberts hadn't left yet.

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38291850

Not sure we need 6 players who can play as a centre back even if we employ 3 in that position as expected. 5 should suffice.

I think there's also a possibility we will loan a couple of youngsters from the Premier League or Championship most likely the neighbours and this normally happens a bit later as they like to have a look at them pre-season

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    This thread from last summer is worth a little read again, just signed Macca and Scott and Roberts hadn't left yet.

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38291850
    Some of the comments on there are funny from a year ago with hindsight - like we need a big target man and that midfield is scary in a bad way - yea of little faith take a bow Luke Williams

Who's Dan ?

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Who's Dan ?
    Good question! All will be revealed shortly.
    Hope it's Dan Quick, simply because of his name
    Last edited by SwalePie; 20-06-2023 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Who's Dan ?
    We've tempted the mighty Dan Chillingworth out of retirement. The bros deliver yet again!

Page 102 of 148 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast