+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 103 of 139 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1471

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think from what I have seen so far of TAR, pace is his greatest asset. It would seem a bad move to shackle that, with a shift to RCB.

Given that most of our attacking threat came from the right, it’ll be interesting to see who we bring in to replace Aaron - and I assume we will bring someone in to fight for the shirt with TAR. If you’re playing the system right, your wing backs will need the most rotation during the season, especially with midweek games.

Thanks Aaron. I enjoyed watching you run down that wing and good luck in, I assume, L1.

Given the signing of Crowley to seemingly replace Ruben it wouldn't suprise me to see LW play Jodi Jones at RWB in Nemane's role. Agreed that we need at least 2 more bodies in defensive positions. I really want us to get Jesse Debrah from Halifax to play alongside Cameron and Baldwin plus a natural RWB given that TAR and Jones have had their fair share of bad injurys (Hopefully worst is behind them now)

Quote Originally Posted by CheezyNCFC View Post
    Given the signing of Crowley to seemingly replace Ruben it wouldn't suprise me to see LW play Jodi Jones at RWB in Nemane's role. Agreed that we need at least 2 more bodies in defensive positions. I really want us to get Jesse Debrah from Halifax to play alongside Cameron and Baldwin plus a natural RWB given that TAR and Jones have had their fair share of bad injurys (Hopefully worst is behind them now)
    Debrah would be great but I heard Huddersfield are in for him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I can totally understand Ruben wanting a move up the pyramid, he gave us three good years, and he was improved greatly by our coaching/fitness staff, which I think he appreciated. And was at an age where he needed to make some money out of the game.

Nemane however has had one decent season with us, because of LW. I think he may be in for a shock when moving on, to find things maybe not as easy to fit in to his style of play, and he certainly seems a confidence player, so if teaming up with a manager who doesn't do the arm round the shoulder bit, he could find himself in the wilderness at his new club. He is also younger than Ruben, with time to improve through the leagues with Notts. As much as I would have liked to see that happen, as with Ruben, the club has shown that everyone is replaceable, with better, and not always at a massive cost. After all there are lots of 10 minute wonders out there
    For all the excitement he gave us last season I feel he is certainly replaceable. A few on here have mentioned his last ditch tackle v Borehamwood that certainly saved our season. However, he was generally poor defensively, not a massive problem last year but it will be the higher we go. Always far too much room behind him. My biggest criticism would be his final ball, his pace and trickery provided him with countless crossing opportunities, not often was a considered or quality ball delivered. I've always felt that TAR when fit is the better crosser and defender, though he needs to get and stay fit. If Nemane has gone, I wish him well, but as we've offered him a deal he can only be going for money! Obviously more than Notts feel he is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    For all the excitement he gave us last season I feel he is certainly replaceable. A few on here have mentioned his last ditch tackle v Borehamwood that certainly saved our season. However, he was generally poor defensively, not a massive problem last year but it will be the higher we go. Always far too much room behind him. My biggest criticism would be his final ball, his pace and trickery provided him with countless crossing opportunities, not often was a considered or quality ball delivered. I've always felt that TAR when fit is the better crosser and defender, though he needs to get and stay fit. If Nemane has gone, I wish him well, but as we've offered him a deal he can only be going for money! Obviously more than Notts feel he is worth.
    Entirely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Well to put a finer point on it, He obviously didnt a F**k about Notts. Typical Frenchman...
    They aren't the lyrics?!?! It's...

"Not to put too fine a point on it
    Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet
    Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

Nice bit of xenophobia on a Saturday afternoon#shudder

It's worse than xenophobia, it's racism.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    They aren't the lyrics?!?! It's...

"Not to put too fine a point on it
    Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet
    Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

Nice bit of xenophobia on a Saturday afternoon#shudder
    To be fair. I would think a very high proportion of the French nation do t give a fluck about Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    To be fair. I would think a very high proportion of the French nation do t give a fluck about Notts.

Nemane might well have been born French but I think he was raised in Manchester?

Page 103 of 139 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast