+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 148 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    You're forgetting that LW isn't the one who does the signings. We signed Scott and Langstaff whilst we didn't have a head coach at the club. LW would obviously be informed and involved but we have a whole recruitment team who does all this stuff now
    Who do you think completed those signings?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Who do you think completed those signings?
    Richard Montegue (apologies if I've butchered the name!) He's the recruitment guy bought over from Radar with the brothers to handle the recruitment side of things

I don't think the club would make any signings without LW's nod (or at least involving him somewhere along the line).

On a separate note, I thought Akinola who came on for Chesterfield looked quite tidy. On loan from Arsenal I believe, he would offer something different in the middle if Arsenal would let him go out on loan to a L2 club (if they don't release him)

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    I don't think the club would make any signings without LW's nod (or at least involving him somewhere along the line).

On a separate note, I thought Akinola who came on for Chesterfield looked quite tidy. On loan from Arsenal I believe, he would offer something different in the middle if Arsenal would let him go out on loan to a L2 club (if they don't release him)
    I'm not saying they would, I'm saying that he's not the one sorting it all out so the playoffs isn't a hindering factor

I haven't seen an answer to the question about whether we can now sign more foreign players. Anyone know what the deal is with that?

I'm sure the owners alluded to this a while ago, saying that a big part of their initial strategy - and a big part of Football Radar's expertise - was to tap into foreign talent pools and spot hidden gems. Hopefully that's now a possibility again. It would give us a massive competitive advantage over pretty much every other club at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I haven't seen an answer to the question about whether we can now sign more foreign players. Anyone know what the deal is with that?

I'm sure the owners alluded to this a while ago, saying that a big part of their initial strategy - and a big part of Football Radar's expertise - was to tap into foreign talent pools and spot hidden gems. Hopefully that's now a possibility again. It would give us a massive competitive advantage over pretty much every other club at this level.
    In theory we can, but the likelihood of a league 2 player having enough points is extremely low

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Agree I can’t really see it, but if he did it would be for entirely sentimental reasons and the money would cease to matter - he’s a boyhood Notts fans and has hinted he’d like to finish his career here on a couple of occasions I think. Does seem the kind of free spirit who might do it as well, believe he doesn’t even have an agent, just does it himself.
    John Bostock came similar circumstances and we didn’t expect that one.
    Think we will have more interest from higher profile players as more people have heard/seen our style of football …it’s picking the right ones

Looking at the Derby forum to get their take on the McGoldrick situation, and apparently were interested Richard Keogh...

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Looking at the Derby forum to get their take on the McGoldrick situation, and apparently were interested Richard Keogh...
    I hope not 37 in a few months and not the right profile if we play a high line either.

Id be looking at some gems in NL who are hungry to make the step up thats the way id go.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I hope not 37 in a few months and not the right profile if we play a high line either.

Id be looking at some gems in NL who are hungry to make the step up thats the way id go.
    Exactly, as others have mentioned Omar Sowumni would be great; as would Tyler Cordner id think.

Page 12 of 148 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast