+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 148 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Exactly, as others have mentioned Omar Sowumni would be great; as would Tyler Cordner id think.
    You don’t want too many NL players though. Too many of those could lead to disaster.
    The reason we are successful in the NL is due to a decent number of players with EFL experience. That will be important even more so now in L2. Having a handful is OK, but I wouldn’t be filling up the squad with just up n coming NL players.

Looking at the Derby forum to get their take on the McGoldrick situation, and apparently were interested Richard Keogh...
    Hardly a pair that Radar would be looking at, both months away from retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    You don’t want too many NL players though. Too many of those could lead to disaster.
    The reason we are successful in the NL is due to a decent number of players with EFL experience. That will be important even more so now in L2. Having a handful is OK, but I wouldn’t be filling up the squad with just up n coming NL players.
    I think we'll do a mixture as you need the right blend.

I moaned for years about not tapping into non league and we signed 4 from NLN last year and all of them stepped up and played key roles.

EFL players are needed just not ones who are on their last legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    No of course not. Like an EFL experienced keeper is ***** especially if Slocombe leaves, plus some EFL experience at the back and to replace the nuance O'brien had, who I assume will be leaving would also be beneficial, but there is certainly a lot of talent in the national league that could easily make the step up, that we shouldn't be ignoring.

No of course not. Like an EFL experienced keeper is ***** especially if Slocombe leaves, plus some EFL experience at the back and to replace the nuance O'brien had, who I assume will be leaving would also be beneficial, but there is certainly a lot of talent in the national league that could easily make the step up, that we shouldn't be ignoring.
    Not sure why v1tal has been censored🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I think we'll do a mixture as you need the right blend.

I moaned for years about not tapping into non league and we signed 4 from NLN last year and all of them stepped up and played key roles.

EFL players are needed just not ones who are on their last legs.
    McGoldrick is welcome, 22 goals in League 1 in a team that was patched together, wouldn't say his legs are gone just yet

Not sure why v1tal has been censored🤷*♂️
    It's a R1val board, same as R1val so they've taken the mature approach and censored it...

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    McGoldrick is welcome, 22 goals in League 1 in a team that was patched together, wouldn't say his legs are gone just yet
    No I wasnt on about him though as he is clearly still got life life yet.

It is Keogh who is 37 hardly played last 3 years since a bad injury it has Ben Burgess written all over it.

I don’t think it will hurt to have another older head in the team/squad, when I say older, I’m thinking 31/32, someone we could get a 2 or 3 years from.
    The facts are the clubs list of players will be in place and will have been for the past 3 or 4 months, one for promotion, one for still in the NL and some players on both.

It would be interesting if any have been sounded out already as Langstaff was long before he signed.
    I do believe Notts now have the opportunity to sign the best available to league 2, along with Wrexham for different reasons, both clubs are seen to be on the up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It's a R1val board, same as R1val so they've taken the mature approach and censored it...
    Oh I see; thanks for the explanation👍

Page 13 of 148 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast