+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 148 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

If we are going to continue to play the high line we need more pace.

As long as we don't do a florest & sign over rated players who come in and disrupt the squad that got you there in the 1st place. Honestly cant see that happening with the bros too much class

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    As long as we don't do a florest & sign over rated players who come in and disrupt the squad that got you there in the 1st place. Honestly cant see that happening with the bros too much class
    Same we have a model and it has worked I know it has been frustrating to be in NL but it a really hard league to get out of we now know that.

We will continue to buy who fits into the system/team that is key see Brentford/Brighton who employ a similar model albeit at a much higher level but it’s the same thing get the right fit and the jigsaw comes together.

Now we are in the league aren't we allowed oversea signings widening the scope of Radar...!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Now we are in the league aren't we allowed oversea signings widening the scope of Radar...!
    Actually, we might be?

Any predictions / hopes?

Mid table finish, towards the P/O's would do me as we carry on building?

5,000+ S/T holders?

An advantage of being back in the EFL is we can go back to being normal supporters.
    We don't have to view everything through the prism of having to be 1st of 24 teams to be automatically promoted. And expecting to be.
    No need for the desperation, we can chill a bit.

Got a lot of respect for the NL and non-league football in general. But dropping down there for four years felt like being buried alive.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    An advantage of being back in the EFL is we can go back to being normal supporters.
    Hopefully that also means mostly 3PM Saturday kickoffs!

Honestly think Notts will be right up there in League 2, finally the club has some momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Actually, we might be?

Any predictions / hopes?

Mid table finish, towards the P/O's would do me as we carry on building?

5,000+ S/T holders?
    Post match on Radio Notts, they were talking about today needing to be the first step and that Notts should be higher than L2.

Bristol Rovers and Tranmere went straight up to L1 (though Tranmere came back down again), Lincoln did it in two, so you'd hope the momentum can be maintained but Luton and Orient took 4 seasons to go to the next level and Oxford 6. Grimsby and Hartlepool serve as a warning that traditional league clubs can drop back down for a 2nd spell in non-league, god forbid.

We're entering the unknown. Finishing mid-table having kept in touch with 7th spot for most of next season wouldn't be a bad return to the FL, struggling to stay out of trouble would be very disappointing (Trust days like).

I reckon we might keep Rodrigues (which would be lucky) but I'll be shocked+delighted if we can hold onto Langstaff.

My prediction is that we'll have a few new faces regardless and most of us will be like "who is THAT guy?" because they'll be Radar finds we've never heard of.

Some of them wont cut it but a few will be amazing as per the last few seasons' recruiting.

I would like to see us finish at least mid table next season, I suspect our current squad would pull that off let alone what we can attract as a L2 side. We really wont have any idea until about ten games in.

In any event, today I'm just very thankful we had the team we did, with the manager we did, and that we have the owners we do. The brothers' strategy is clearly working and I reckon they've earned our faith in The Plan.

Page 2 of 148 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast