+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    I reckon we might keep Rodrigues (which would be lucky) but I'll be shocked+delighted if we can hold onto Langstaff.

My prediction is that we'll have a few new faces regardless and most of us will be like "who is THAT guy?" because they'll be Radar finds we've never heard of.

Some of them wont cut it but a few will be amazing as per the last few seasons' recruiting.

I would like to see us finish at least mid table next season, I suspect our current squad would pull that off let alone what we can attract as a L2 side. We really wont have any idea until about ten games in.

In any event, today I'm just very thankful we had the team we did, with the manager we did, and that we have the owners we do. The brothers' strategy is clearly working and I reckon they've earned our faith in The Plan.

Actually think we have a chance of holding on to those two after listening to the LW interview

I'd like Ashmore from Borehamwood, and make Mair a permanent signing if he wants it.

The released list could well look pretty harsh on some good men who've always done their best for us.
    Slocombe, Rawlo, Cameron, Vincent could all be gone, as well as Mitchell and Francis. I think Nemane is out of contract too but we'll surely try to re - sign him.

Hopefully Chicksen will be gone or used as a bit part player he’s done absolutely nothing for a good 3 or 4 month now and some how continues to get a starting place.
    He’s not good enough for where we want to be in the towards the top of league 2.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Hopefully Chicksen will be gone or used as a bit part player he’s done absolutely nothing for a good 3 or 4 month now and some how continues to get a starting place.
    He’s not good enough for where we want to be in the towards the top of league 2.
    He’s just signed a new contract?

Ruben seems to have indicated he is happy at Notts and would probably have stayed even if we hadn't gone up.

Macca, I'm not so sure about. The defences in non-league seemed have sussed him out, if so, L2 defenders being a teany!!! bit more able will have some bad news for him. Perhaps if Scott or another proper striker were to play alongside him he might find the bit of space he needs for his quick skills to shine in.

Slocombe I'm afraid, has had his day and the mistakes are starting to creep in. Keep him as backup though.

Chicksen and Nemane deserve their chances in L2 where they might find a bit more space without being outnumbered on the flanks. The non-leagues defenders, having less ability, found crowding out Nemane more effective than trying to stop him receiving the ball. Chicksen was often starved of the ball but still managed a decent goal tally.

Palmer is clever and alert enough to outwit any defending L2 midfielder and should stay. As should Bostock who has become a revelation, and Jodi too as a fast late impact hit-man.

Close season games against opposition higher than non-league (or Carlton Town!) should sort out the worth of the rest of the squad. Sign another proven striker though, preferably from L1, or some unknown foreigner.
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 14-05-2023 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Why were the letters '****y' edited out?

I think there’s some obvious departures this season without being critical. I think if we lose 3 or 4 and bring in some proper quality then I honestly believe we can get in the top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Ruben seems to have indicated he is happy at Notts and would probably have stayed even if we hadn't gone up.

Macca, I'm not so sure about. The defences in non-league seemed have sussed him out, if so, L2 defenders being a ****y bit more able will have some bad news for him. Perhaps if Scott or another proper striker were to play alongside him he might find the bit of space he needs for his quick skills to shine in.

Slocombe I'm afraid, has had his day and the mistakes are starting to creep in. Keep him as backup though.

Chicksen and Nemane deserve their chances in L2 where they might find a bit more space without being outnumbered on the flanks. The non-leagues defenders, having less ability, found crowding out Nemane more effective than trying to stop him receiving the ball. Chicksen was often starved of the ball but still managed a decent goal tally.

Palmer is clever and alert enough to outwit any defending L2 midfielder and should stay. As should Bostock who has become a revelation, and Jodi too as a fast late impact hit-man.

Close season games against opposition higher than non-league (or Carlton Town!) should sort out the worth of the rest of the squad. Sign another proven striker though, preferably from L1, or some unknown foreigner.
    I think Macca has just gone off the boil a bit. Chances are still coming for him, but he's just not converting them in the way that he was. Having said that it's been a long hard season.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    You are obviously far more experienced and knowledgable than Luke Williams - I can’t understand why you didn’t get the job of Notts Head Coach !!!

In the old days it was worth making suggestions , realistic or otherwise, but with #radar being so damn good I'm not gonna bother. It's a compliment to the owners and club

Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast