+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 58 of 148 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

A lot of love for Vinny but if we want to challenge for playoffs at L2, then he was right to be let go, he's not shown anywhere enough for me for that. He needs game time, as he got at Aldershot.

As for McG , agree with DSR , if available and affordable he's no brainer , we need an extra striker/forward IMO and just look what he did last season in L1.

Quote Originally Posted by IluvNotts View Post
    I thought Luke might hang on to Vincent. He looked quite sharp when he came back from his loan spell although he only got limited time off the bench.
    I have a suspicion it was his attitude rather than his playing ability that Luke was unhappy with.
    Erm. Nope.
    LW really likes Vinny. He was open about that. What he said is that Vinny needs to play to develop and LW couldn’t guarantee that. He also said he would continue to monitor his progress.
    Vinny is a likeable player IMO. I just don’t think he is of the standard we need at this moment. What was also apparent is that he doesn’t quite fit our system. The fact that his game time was to cover at LWB says everything we need to know. We now have JJ, Randall and Chicks who can play that role.

McGoldrick won't be signing.
    We can't afford him.

In other news, Ed Francis signed for Gateshead by the looks of it.

Another one mentioned to me was Sam Pearson from Bristol City. Apparently LW knows him and we have offered him terms, but it's by no means a done deal, as several other clubs are after his signature as well.
    Last edited by countygump; 05-06-2023 at 09:25 AM.

You'd think we'd hear some news on on the Ruben/Cameron/Nemane front this week. It's about three weeks now since they were offered deals, and it must be hard for the club to plan properly without knowing what these three plan to do.

The longer it goes on, the less confident I am that they'll sign, but we'll see.

I see goalkeeper Jordan Smith has left Forest. Worth a look? I think he was on loan at Mansfield a few seasons back. Doubt he'd want to move away from the area after spending his whole career at Forest. 28 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    McGoldrick won't be signing.
    We can't afford him.

It’s great that we have the club accountant on here to keep us all up to date with these matters.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We dont want him, he is too old and I would see this as being a backward step in our development. Personally i would have preferred to have kept Frank Vincent.
    Absolutely, I don't see why we'd spend the wages McGoldrick would want on a 35 year old looking for one last pay cheque, makes no sense and not really a Radar signing surely! I was shocked we let Vinny go in the first place, he looked really good in the team when he came back from his loan.

If Ruben goes then so be it, I'd rather we bring in someone young and hungry again.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    You'd think we'd hear some news on on the Ruben/Cameron/Nemane front this week. It's about three weeks now since they were offered deals, and it must be hard for the club to plan properly without knowing what these three plan to do.

The longer it goes on, the less confident I am that they'll sign, but we'll see.
    And J'OB - no mention of him! - I would have thought that if he was intending to re-sign he would have made his intentions clear by now as I don't think he will sign for any other club unless he takes up a full-time coaching role at Sheffield. Regards RR, KC & AN, I agree with Slack_pie, can't see then re-signing so have now accepted they are gone (if by any chance any of them do re-sign, it will be like signing a new player)
    Last edited by BanjoPie; 05-06-2023 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Absolutely, I don't see why we'd spend the wages McGoldrick would want on a 35 year old looking for one last pay cheque, makes no sense and not really a Radar signing surely! I was shocked we let Vinny go in the first place, he looked really good in the team when he came back from his loan.

If Ruben goes then so be it, I'd rather we bring in someone young and hungry again.
    All about opinions I know, but I honestly don’t know how someone could look at the idea of us signing McGoldrick and be like ‘nah not for me’. 22 goals and the fans’ and players’ player of the season for a club which just missed out on the play-offs in League One last season. It’d be an incredible signing.

The ‘one last pay cheque’ thing is also nonsense. He’s got a new deal on the table from Derby which will be worth far more money than anything we can offer him - if he does come here it’ll be a move made with his heart rather than wallet, which would be pretty rare in football.

Also think it’s exactly what a radar signing is. It’s not just young players, look at Bostock, a player who had too much quality for our level but we were able to get for other reasons (location and having let him come in and train with us to convince him). McGoldrick would be similar.

Page 58 of 148 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast